5. Happiness comes in all forms.

[Warning: Mention of smut and light BDSM. Not intended for readers below 16.]

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

As the ceremony started coming to an end, Simon had a few of the basic runes marked on him which had started to turn to their normal black color. Clairvoyance and love runes were some of them. The Clairvoyance rune was marked on the back of his right hand and love rune was marked just beside his heart, and the newly turned shadowhunter was grinning like an idiot. Izzy was standing beside him, looking at him with love heart eyes. The proud feeling was visible in them.

"Simon Lewis has completed his accession successfully. May the angels bless him with their powers. I'll now, take my leave." Brother Zachariah spoke.

Everyone had gathered together and were looking at Simon's runes and asking him questions, but Magnus had something else in his mind.

"Brother Zachariah, wait!" Magnus called hurriedly. Everyone looked at him with confusion except for Alec.

"Yes, Magnus, how may I help you?" The silent brother asked.

"Actually, it's the opposite, Brother Zachariah." He looked at Alec who gave him a nod, so he took the small vial of heavenly fire he was hiding and showed it to silent brother.

Others gasped and looked at Magnus with surprise. "Magnus, how do you have more heavenly fire?" Jace asked.

"Honestly, we don't know how it happened, but when we were helping Simon some of the heavenly fire got extracted from his body, and Magnus stored it as soon as he noticed," Alec admitted to the group.

"How do you want me to help you with this, Magnus?" The silent brother spoke.

Magnus looked at Alec for his approval, when Alec nodded he handed the vial to the silent brother.

"Actually, this vial is for you, br... Jem."

Everyone except Alec and Brother Zachariah looked at Magnus with shock written on their faces. If the silent brother had emotions his reaction would have been the same, instead, there was a slight shift in his features but nothing more.

"Magnus, my dear friend." The silent brother spoke out loud. His voice was silky and deep but lacked any emotion. The last time he spoke out loud was when Magnus asked him to erase his memories of Alec. That was a long time ago. "I cannot accept this. I'm bound to brotherhood, this would not be accepted by them."

Others stood shocked and frozen in their places as they listened to the interaction.

"Brother Zachariah," Alec initiated, "As an Inquisitor, I grant you this vial of heavenly fire, the word will reach Consul Penhallow shortly. I'm aware of your condition and I'll be honored to help one of Magnus' old friends. I know about his past. Please accept this vial."

The silent brother looked at the small vial held in his arms then at his old friend. A small hint of a smile was visible on his face, indicating that he still had his humanity.

"Jem, my old friend, you know that heavenly fire can help you. Please accept it, Tessa is still waiting for you."

"Magnus, my dear friend, I do not know how to express my gratitude."

"You don't have to, Jem. It's my pleasure that I am able to help you." Magnus nodded with a warm smile on his face.

The silent brother nodded back and then looked at the Inquisitor. "Alexander Lightwood, thank you for providing my old friend all the happiness he deserves. If Will would have been here, he would be delighted to see him finally finding the happiness he always deserved."