22. The Angel's demise.

With a blurry vision, Magnus held onto the bark of the tree, stabling his trembling foot as they came out of the portal for the hundredth time in the last hour. This time, he thought of the place only he knew about, his house in Indonesia but ended up landing in that same, dark, eerie forest yet again. What in the world was this place? Where were they?

~~You can't run away from me, warlock!~~

A spine-chilling voice echoed in the surrounding area followed by a burst of maniacal laughter. "Pa..man... Takut..." The little girl trembled in his arms, face soaked with tears and his heart ached for the poor soul captured in that horrendous place because of Kasper. (Uncle... Scared...)

"Kita akan keluar dari sini, sayang. Kita akan keluar dari sini." Magnus tried to reassure but the lack of trust in his own words was like a stab of a sword. He had no idea where they were or how to get out but what he was certain of was Kasper's mind games. If the man truly knew how they got out of the basement-like place, he wouldn't be just mocking like this. Instead, he would be here, trying to harm his unborn child. (We'll get out of here, sweetheart. We'll get out of here.)

Planting a soft kiss on top of her head after a deep, steady breath, Magnus trailed his unglamoured eyes all around the dark, dense forest, lapped into thick fog, trying to locate any sign of life but it was dead silent. There were no chirps of birds, no hoot of an owl or no rustling of bushes, not even a leaf moved. It was pure dead silence. The scent of wet mud was laced in something foul, metal-like, which he could only think of as blood. His throat was dry but they needed to keep moving.

Holding her tightly in his arms, he carefully took a step forward that followed with an echo of a snap of twigs under his foot and his heart stopped for a minute. Gulping the fear, he proceeded to walk in a straight direction, dews from the thick, cold fog tingling against his naked skin. He had already wrapped his jacket around the little girl so he had no other option than to bear the chilling cold.

The tall pines and trees were so dense and humongous that there was no sigh of the gloomy sky above his head, just still leaves and bushes. Was he even on earth? The alien scent of something vile was making him nauseous. He wasn't able to focus on what was ahead, his brain couldn't send him the necessary signals. But he needed to find a way out, no matter what.

~~Are you done running, warlock? Come back to where you belong. You can't escape.~~

"Fuck you, Kasper!" Magnus grunted, voice echoing as if it's hitting a thick wall and bouncing from one direction to the other, like a small room. "I'm not falling for your mind games!"

~~Come back, Warlock...~~

The voices, monotonous, deep, high pitched, creepy, kept echoing like a set of records, again and again, making his ears bleed. The path ahead seemed endless, with no vision, no sign of any moment and tears stung in the back of his eyes. He didn't have much energy left in his body that he could take a single step forward, but he had to. He can't let the evil win.

"Al.. Alexander... Alexander... h..help..."

**********************************

*Next Day*

*Moonlit Rise, Yorkshire*

*Stormshire Mansion*

"Alec, eat something please. Rose is contacting other warlocks to search for Magnus, I'm sure she'll find something." Daniel pressed, sliding the breakfast in Alec's direction. Since the time Lightwoods came to their mansion, Alec wasn't eating or drinking anything at all. Their guest bedroom had been lent to Izzy and Simon, since she needed proper rest, while Jace stayed with him and Alec in Stefan's room. Rosette, on the other hand, had been out the whole time, looking for clues to find Magnus, Clary, and Max.