4. I'll breathe again

-Warning: Mention of smut

___________________________________

The clank of the metals echoed in the whole Brocelind forest, as the swords stuck each other again and again, defending the other's attack, resulting in nothing but frustration from both men.

"Are you gonna..." *Clang* "use your.." *clash* "god damn, wings..." *Clang clash* "or not, Alec!"

"As you wish, Dan!" Alec smirked. Blowing his sword once again at Daniel, which he blocked in time, he started flapping his wings creating a swirl of dust and sending it towards him, blinding him for a moment. Taking the advantage, he blew his sword against his, sending it flying on the ground, then backflipped, landing gracefully in the mid-air and aimed for Daniel, sending his sword with full force towards him, pinning him to the ground within a second, his sword landing right above his waist.

Daniel grunted as he sat up a little, supporting himself on his elbows, looking up at Alec, who had a smug smirk on his face. He laid his head back and shook it in disbelief. "Like really! Lightwood!"

Alec cascaded down and landed gracefully on the ground, then reached his hand forward for Daniel to take it. Daniel took his hand and stood up, his emerald green wings fluttering to remove the dust from them.

"It's Lightwood Bane, Dan." Alec corrected, earning an eye roll from him.

"You're a quick learner. Another round, up in the sky." He threw the sword at him which Alec caught smoothly.

They both jumped up, their wings coordinating with them at the right time, as they flew up in the sky. In the middle of the sky, the clanking of the swords continued, as they glided through the wind currents, attacking each other and defending themselves at the right time.

"You're doing great, Alec. Use the wind to your advantage. Cut through the currents and attack with your wings and sword at the same time."

Alec did as he was told and Daniel was caught off guard with the quickness of his movements, he would have gotten defeated if a certain pair of butterfly swords wouldn't have stopped their own swords.

Alec looked at the person who had stopped them and saw the most beautiful large rose gold wings flapping in the air, it's each feather had a tip of pure gold in it with the intricate patterns of lightest gold running from its edges till the middle. His eyes flickered at the person's face and he noticed a wide smile on her face.

"Bree! What the hell are you doing here?" Daniel asked his sister.

"I noticed frustration through our bond, I thought you got in some trouble. Well, now that I'm here, I want to be part of this training." She grinned at both the men.

"You both are Parabatai?" Alec asked.

"Yes, we are. Stefan and Louis were too, but..." He trailed off. 

Alec understood, so he didn't ask further. He lowered his sword and put it back on the holster, then looked at the Nightstorms as they did the same. They were about to descend down when a voice cut through the winds.

"Breee! There you are! I told you Dan would be okay. You worry too much, sister." Stefan said as he approached them.

Alec looked at the approaching Nightstorm, his mouth agape with what he was seeing.

Stefan's wings were as black as the midnight sky, their wingspan being approximately 12 feet on either side. There was some intricate pattern of light silver color running from the base of the wings, weaving each other wherever it met, spreading till the center of the wings, merging into the feathers like the constellations merge in the night sky. Each feather was beautiful on its own. If someone would look carefully, each of his feathers had a hint of scattered silver, which were collected at the base and was scattered around unevenly as it spread.