11. The silver angel.

A bowl of Pad Thai was kept on the coffee table as Magnus was eating it in silence, as he was craving for it, alongside Alec who was eating his own slightly burnt spaghetti and meatballs. Instead of their comfortable silence, this silence was really uncomfortable. No one knew what to say and since the time Magnus had found out that he's pregnant, he didn't say a word. Alec tried talking to him, tried making small conversation with him but all he replied was with 'Hmm's', so he gave up. He understood, but the silence Magnus was treating him with was definitely making him hurt.

He had contacted Daniel and Rosette as soon as Catarina left that morning, telling them that it was urgent and they said they would be there in the evening, they didn't specify the time so they were waiting for them since the evening started settling in.

The only sound that could be heard was the clanking of the forks and spoons echoing in their home, so when the woosh of the opening of a portal echoed, it made Alec jump with a startle.

All the other immortal shadowhunters and the warlock stepped out of the portal and looked at the couple eating dinner in silence. They stepped towards the couch as Rosette closed the portal.

"By the angel! Is that Pad Thai? Can I have some? It's my favorite and I haven't eaten it in a long time." Bree asked excitedly.

Magnus pulled the plate towards himself and covered it with the other hand, having a blank expression on his face, as he kept eating.

Alec smiled lightly as he wiped his face with the napkin. Even after his husband was trying to process the news, he wasn't giving up on his food cravings and he found that adorable.

"Dude! That's rude!" Stefan said as they all settled on the couches around them.

"Mags, love, you can summon another one for her, right?" Alec said. Magnus looked him in the eyes, said nothing then snapped his fingers and got back to eating. A squeal much familiar to Izzy's came from where Bree was sitting and noticed that she had a bowl of Pad Thai sitting on her lap.

"Thank you, Magnus." Others simply shook their heads except for Magnus.

"Is everything okay? You said it was urgent. And is Magnus okay? He's behaving differently." It was Daniel who asked.

"Yeah about that, it's... umm.. actually my powers, they made something impossible possible, so... umm... I wanted to know more about myself. Or about what exactly is a silver angel."

"Impossible possible?" Rosette asked. "What exactly do you mean by that?"

Alec and Magnus exchanged a look then Magnus silently went back to eating his food. He didn't care, the mere thought of saying those words out loud was too much for him. If he was being honest with himself, he didn't want that either, but he didn't know how to say it to Alec. Didn't know what was going on in the shadowhunter's mind, did he want to keep this child? Was this new upcoming lifestyle okay for him? Was he happy? Because he certainly was not.

"Ah... Um... Actually, Magnus... Umm... He's pregnant."

All of their jaws hit the floor and Bree choked on the noodles she was eating.

"Lilith! By the angel! Oh my god! Demons and angels! Congratulations you guys!" Rosette said excitedly, and everyone looked at her like she was an alien. "What?"

"Rosette, honey," Magnus finally spoke, making Alec sigh with relief. "Why do you react like it's something normal when it's clearly not?" His tone was harsh, nothing like the cheery Magnus they knew, making all of them slightly uncomfortable.

"Calm down, Magnus. So this was the reason you people asked for us. To know how this got possible. But before I get to Alec's silver powers, which you actually want to know about, Magnus, you shouldn't forget that both your magic are bonded together and you have part of his blood in you, and you're no longer sterile. You should've seen it coming." Rosette spoke calmly.