8. A friend or foe?

The cold zephyr weaving in through the ajar windows cascaded over Alec's bareback, making him shiver in sleep. It was raining outside and both love birds were fast asleep in each other's arms, but the cold soft waves tingling against Alec's skin were doing him no good. His eye sockets moved slightly behind his closed eyelids and after some time it fluttered open, only to find that it was still dark making him groan, almost. The shivering body of his husband's made him stop making that noise. Needless to say, he was shivering more than Alec and they were both just in their boxers.

Alec pulled the blanket up and wrapped it around them, which had almost fallen off the bed. He then looked at the clock and noticed it was only 5:30 in the morning, the rain was hitting on their windows and their whole room was filled with earthly scent, which was simply breathtaking. Their room was still dark and the only thing illuminating their room was the dim glow of the magical stars scattered on their ceiling. They do it often, convert their ceiling into the moods of the night they felt before sleeping and it always was beautiful. He sighed and wrapped his arms tightly around his husband's waist then closed his eyes so that sleep could take over again. After struggling for almost half an hour, he finally fell asleep.

The loud buzzing of the alarm woke both men up. Groaning, Magnus shot his magic at the clock breaking it into two, then buried his head in his husband's hairy chest. Alec chuckled, slowly blinked his eyes open, and kissed his grumpy warlock's head.

"Someone woke up in a bad mood?" Alec said in his deep morning voice.

"I'm tired! Need more sleep!" Came a  cute, muffled voice. 

Alec ran his fingers soothingly through his warlock's silky hair and Magnus leaned into it, nuzzling closer to his husband. It was still drizzling outside and the weather was perfect for them to lay in bed, get cozy and cuddle all day but unfortunately for them, they had to work.

"Love, you slept early yesterday saying the same thing and you're still feeling tired? It's 8:30 in the morning. Are you okay?" Alec asked, a little concerned about his husband. Magnus was feeling tired constantly for few days.

Magnus looked up at his shadowhunter and pouted, not wanting to get up at all. Honestly, yes he was still feeling tired and he had no idea why but he didn't want to worry his husband unnecessarily, he was working too much for few days so he blamed it for his tiredness.

On the other hand, Alec saw right through his husband's tactics and looked sternly at him. "Mags, what did you promise about not hiding anything from me ever again?"

Magnus sighed and looked up at him apologetically. "I'm sorry, yes, I'm still feeling tired but it must be because of my work, you know how busy I'm for few days. Now can I get a kiss from my bossy husband?" He pouted, earning a chuckle from the shadowhunter.

Alec pulled him up and kissed those pouting lips in a slow and gentle kiss and wrapped his arms around Magnus' waist. When they broke the kiss, they looked into each other's eyes which were filled with pure love. "First, you're forgiven, and second, bossy? Really?"

"Well..." Magnus said and scratched his head as he bit his lip.

"Really......? Really!" Alec stated and jumped on his husband, as he started tickling all his sensitive spots. The whole room was filled with Magnus's adorable giggles and laughter.

"Alex... Alexander, stop! I'm sorry, stop!" Finally showing some mercy on his cute warlock, Alec stopped and leaned in to steal another morning kiss.

"Morning, love!"

"Hmm... Morning, darling! Can't you take a day off today? It's really nice weather for laying in and cuddling!"

"As much as I love that, I have an important meeting with Jia today. She wants us to check up on the new shadowhunter she's transferring to the New York Institute. With the increasing attacks on New York and Texas, it needs to have more strong shadowhunters there."