Chapter 20

I woke up from my either a crazy dream of my dad or I really met my dad and I almost died. I'm confused. I didn't see Morgan or anyone important. I need to talk to Morgan about the dream. If it was.

There was tape around my arm and bandages on my face. I ripped them off me and got off the bed.

"Son of a-" I started because I noticed I had noting on me practically.

I saw my clothes on the other side of the bed. I picked them up and changed into those. Except the shirt. Too much blood, so I stayed shirtless.

I walked out of my room casually as if nothing happened. I got closer to the doors of the outdoor world. Then a nurse noticed me. Just ignore her.

"Mr. Mathews, get back in bed!" She yelled.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah." I ignored her as planned.

"No you can't-" She started but I cut her off by slamming the door behind me.

I walked to my house. It actually wasn't that bad in the day. Just a normal late June kinda day. My car was probably still at Roy's. I got closer to my house.

I walked up to the porch of my childhood home and where my family now lives. I creaked the door open.

"Anybody home?" I hollered.

I saw Morgan curled up sleeping on the end of the couch, close to the fireplace. Ehh, I'm not gonna wake her up. Let her sleep. I threw my car keys in the side table. I walked to the kitchen, grabbed a beer, turned the TV on to Mickey Mouse and sat on the other side of the couch. Soon enough my eyes closed quickly.

"TWO-BIT!!!"

I woke up instantly.

"What?!?!" I answered looking towards the yell.

My eyes adjusted and I was face to face with Morgan. I smiled.

"Boy, you're a pretty sight for sore eyes." I smiled.

She was speechless. Her mouth was wide open.

"What's up babydoll? You look like ya saw a ghost!" I teased.

"I thought you were supposed to be in the hospital for at least another week?" She said.

"I woke up and I just left." I explained to her.

"You did?" She almost cried.

"Mmhmm." I answered.

She came closer to me and hugged me. I held her tight. I kissed on the lips.

"I love you." She said.

"I love you too. Very much."

She wiped away a tear and sat up straight on the couch.

"Anyway I have something to tell you." She sniffled.

"Like?" I asked. I think I know what's coming at me.

She sighed, "I'm-"

"Pregnant." I finished her sentence taking a risk.

She looked amazed. So it wasn't just a regular dream.

"How'd you-"

"It's a long story." I stated rubbing the back of my neck.

"Tell me!" She begged.

"You won't believe me." I sighed.

"Yeah I will!" She whined.

"Okay, I'll tell you." I said then we heard a cry.

"Mommy!!!" I heard Lilly call from upstairs.

Morgan was about to get up until i lightly pushed her down.

"I got it." I said.

I walked up the stairs into Lilly's room.

"Daddy!" She gasped.

"Hey Minnie Mouse!" I smiled.

She can put a smile on anyone's face. I took her out of her crib and walked down stairs with Lilly in my arm.

"Alright." I sat down on the couch and threw my arm around Morgan while Lilly watched Mickey Mouse.

"Okay, so-"

"Wait!" Morgan cut me off and kissed me on the cheek.

"Okay, now go!" She smiled.

"Alright-" I laughed and told Morgan the whole dream about my dad and I. She believed it. She was happy. I was happy. Lilly, hell, she's always happy. I didn't care about anything else at that moment. That's all that mattered at the time. We were all happy talking and watching Mickey Mouse. Just me and my girls. Unless Morgan is carrying a boy, but who knows!
----------------------------------------------
The End!

-Sarah