Chapter 9

------Couple Days Later------------------

Clink! I slowly woke up to hear a coffee cup being put down on the dining table. I glanced at my clock, 11:47. Holy crap! I gotta get ready for tonight!

I slipped on my old zip-up sweatshirt and I tip-toed into the dining room.

My dad was just sitting there reading the newspaper and drinking coffee.

"Good Morning, Dad." I croaked behind him.

"Mornin'. Where've you been?" He responded.

"Hanging out with Allison, Claire, and Two-Bit most of the time." I replied.

"Has he tried you?" He asked referencing sex.

"No. But you know that he and I are dating, right?" I said sitting down across from him.

"Yes I do, and he's smart. I like him for that. That means he respects you." He said.

"Ummm, I should tell you now or you'll beat me," I continued,"He asked me something."

He grew serious and quiet. He folded his hands and leaned in closer to me.

"Like what?"

My nerves shot throughout my body. I put my hands from the table onto my lap.

He got cross and said,"Lemme see your left hand."

I nervously held out my left hand to him.

"Please don't be mad at us!" I pleaded.

It looks as if he got lost in his thoughts. Still trying to process what I said.

"You're getting married for a reason, right?" He questioned.

"W-we love each other, I've never met a guy like him before!" I begged.

"Are ya mad?" I asked.

He looked a little more somber than angry.

"I'm not mad." He said and motioned for me to come near him. I got up. He wrapped me in a hug.

"I just hate to see you grow up." He rocked me back and forth in his arms.

"I told Two-Bit to come over tonight for dinner. So we can talk this over." I said.

Weird. He never hugs me. But I appreciate it since we're both still trying to bounce back into reality since my mother past.

"That's a good idea." He said and looked at me. I looked back.

"You need anything?" He asked.

"Your approval." I answered.

"You already have it. But I meant for dinner?" He laughed.

"No I think we have everything." I answered.

He let me go and went back to reading his newspaper.

"You have a couple of hours still." He said turning a page.

I walked back into my room and hung out until about 2:30, then I took a shower so my hair would dry.

I curled my hair and big swirls, and a little bit of makeup. I put on a navy blue button-up shirt with the 3/4 length sleeves, and washed jean shorts. I slipped on my Chuck Taylor's, and my cross necklace. Last but not least my engagement ring.

I stepped out of my bedroom and saw my dad sitting on the couch drifting off to sleep.

"Dad!" I yelled.

"Are ya going to take a shower?" I asked.

"I guess I should." He said getting up and walking to his bedroom.