Chapter 3

I woke up wondering why I was so sad yesterday. And I regret asking myself that question.

It took me forever to fall asleep, but I did. I peered at my clock: 3:00. Seriously, I slept this long? Whatever.

I gotta get up. I gotta go see him. It's killing me.

I got dressed. I wore a black shirt with the sleeves going around my arms instead of my shoulders, different shorts, a plaid shirt on top, and my rusty old cowboy boots.

I went out to the kitchen to make myself something to eat. And of course my dad isn't here, so he won't care if I decide to go.

My dad knows Two-Bit and I are dating. I can't really tell if my dad likes him or not. Even though my dad doesn't like anybody.

I walked all the way to the hospital, making sure not to get jumped. Finally I got there. So many things are running through my mind until finally walk into Two-Bit's room.

I looked in the room for a second, I saw Ponyboy and Johnny laughing with Two-Bit. I looked at Two-Bit, he was laughing the way he usually laughs. So happy, so cheerful. he was looking at the boys one second, still laughing, then he looked at me. He stopped laughing and he smiled at me,"Morgan!" He practically yelled.

I teared up and ran to him giving him a tight hug. He hugged back while still laying down in the bed.

"Oh my gosh!" I said and my eyes watered up.

"Baby," He said kissing me, "Don't cry."

"I was so worried about you!" I took a tissue and wiped my eyes.

"Oh my goodness." I said under my breath.

I actually looked at him at him and studied him. he was wearing a white under shirt. His mouth wasn't bleeding, his arms were all bandaged up, but his arms were still bruised up.

"How are you?" I asked.

"I'm fine, actually I just can't wait to get out if here!"

"The Socs found you, right?"

"Yeah what happened to you?" Johnny asked.

"Well while Morgan and I were running away from the Socs, I steered them away from Morgan. I told her to go hide,and they got out of their car and chased me down. It was me against three Socs." He gulped,"Those rat bastards beat the shit out of me, then they threw me on the ground and that's all I remember."

"Did they steal anything?" Ponyboy asked.

"They took my chew, my cash-" He started then Johnny interrupted,"Your blade?"

Two smiled,"Nah, if they did that I would've left this place awhile ago."

I took a deep breath. Two-Bit grabbed my hand, squeezed it and said,"Hey, I said I was ok ,now alright. Don't cry, I'm ok and I'll always be ok."

I bit my lip trying to keep tears in and I nodded.

"Here we'll see y'all later." Johnny said getting up from the couch next to Pony.

"Yeah we'll give you two some time alone." Ponyboy said following Johnny.

"Thanks for stopping by. Y'all stay out of trouble now!" He laughed.

I sat down in a chair next to his bed and we glared at each other.

"C'mere." He said in his sweet tone. I got closer to him.

"Ponyboy and Johnny left so we could be alone, let's use that time wisely." Two-Bit said and pulled me onto the bed with him. The bed creaked as I got on.