Nine

Yanni: hi Prince Charming.

Prince Charming: hello. How are you doing?

Zuo wondered why Yanni had come late that evening. It was 8 pm, she had never texted him that late. He had had his supper and returned to his computer to find that she still hadn't texted him. A part of him was relieved but another part of him was worried before she had texted him.

Yanni: I'm fine, I was a bit busy. I was compiling an assignment, which we should have done ages ago.

Prince Charming: Oh I'm sorry about that. Are you done now?

Yanni: nope! I've got so much more to write. Things would be much easier if I had better groupmates but one of them is my super "hardworking" boyfriend.

Oh in case you didn't catch my sarcasm, I meant to say he's a real slacker just like his best friend.

Prince Charming: oh, and are you a slacker?

Yanni: well as much as I would love to slack off, I can't because my mom cares about my grades just like she cares about everything else to do with me. A bit too much actually...

Anyway, I wish I was in Zuo's group.

Zuo felt his heart rate pick up at the mention of his name. He had to pretend he didn't know who this Zuo was and pretend he hadn't suddenly gotten nervous. Good thing it was just texts where he could hide his emotions.

Prince Charming: who's Zuo?

Yanni: Zuo is this other kid from our class, probably the smartest. What I meant to say is he's a hard worker so this probably wouldn't have happened.

Prince Charming: maybe you should team up with him next time then.

Yanni: no, no. He has his own friends, he wouldn't want to be in the same group with me.

'But I would' Zuo mumbled to himself, sighing at the fact that he couldn't tell her that directly. Pretending he was nothing but a programmed software was beginning to somewhat get to him.

Prince Charming: anyway, are you almost done?

Yanni: no I have such a long way to go. I have a feeling I won't even finish this stuff and we're gonna do pretty badly L

Prince Charming: let me help you out. I'll do the rest.

Yanni: uh really?

Wait you're a chatbot, how can you do that?

Zuo thought over it for a while, he probably shouldn't have typed something like that. But he felt he was smart enough to find his way out of this pickle.

Prince Charming: yes. I'll just find relevant information on the internet then summarize it for you.

Yanni hesitated. She didn't completely trust a chatbot to do her job. But then again, she knew that she wasn't going to finish the presentation either way. So she had to trust Prince Charming with this one even though she didn't want to.

Yanni: I guess that will be really helpful.

Prince Charming: sure, I'll do it for you and send it by tomorrow morning. What's your topic?

Yanni: Tribes of North America

By the way, are you really a chatbot?

Prince Charming: are you really a human?

Yanni: of course I am XD

Prince Charming: of course I'm a chatbot XD

Yanni: hmm, you're right. No human can be as perfect as you.

Well I guess I'll go have supper now, I was thinking of skipping it because I thought I'd be working on this presentation but somehow you saved me.

Prince Charming: sure.

Zuo knew he had a lot of work cut out for him that evening, but he didn't really mind. Actually, he loved helping her out. Working on a school presentation was stressful, but if it meant Yanni having piece of mind and eating dinner, then he would do it.

He immediately got tothe internet and started looking for all information he could find to write theperfect presentation.