Twenty-Five

Yanni had just walked into the classroom and sat on her usual spot. In most cases, she would walk over to her friend and interact with them a bit that morning, but she wasn't doing any of that this particular morning.

Zhixin didn't want to, but he found himself getting up from his seat and walking over to Yanni's desk. He looked at her silently, his hands on his waist.

'What?' Yanni decided to ask him to ease the silence.

'You're still not talking to me? It's still about Zuo? And that chatbot caused everything.' He defended himself.

'No I'm not mad today, I'm just a bit sad I guess. I need to be alone.' She ran her hands through her hair. 'I'll be fine though.'

'No I bet it's about what happened. What's up with you and that chatbot anyway? You should uninstall it now, you've proved your point. Isn't the reason you installed it to prove that a boy can understand you when I didn't?'

'It's not just that right now,' she shrugged, 'I like hanging out with the chatbot and it always give me good advice.'

'Yeah whatever, just get rid of it.'

'We're on a break remember?'

'No we're not.' Zhixin cried.

Zuo was watching the two of them, feeling quite angry that Zhixin was further making things worse for Yanni. She was already saddened, but Zhixin obviously had no knowledge of that. Zuo didn't have to completely blame Zhixin, even though he felt Zhixin should have understood that she didn't feel like talking to him.

'So I learned this new code, check it out,' Vicky told her best friend, not noticing that his focus was on Yanni.

'Oh that's nice.' Zuo answered without much interest.

Vicky was surprised at his response, he always seemed to be into it when they were talking about computers, but this wasn't one of those days. Once she looked at him, she noticed that his eyes were not on her. They were on Yanni.

'Zuo,' Vicky spoke up, getting his attention. 'I know acting like this Chatbot is giving you the illusion that you and Yanni are friends, perhaps even more, but she doesn't like you in real life.'

Zuo looked at Vicky for a while before responding. 'Maybe she does. I mean, she likes the Prince Charming, and I'm Prince Charming.'

Vicky rolled her eyes at him. 'You're not Prince Charming. Prince Charming is apparently not a human, you are. She probably likes him because he's a chatbot.'

'No...'

'Well then explain to me why Yanni never talks to you in real life if she actually likes you.' Vicky folded her arms.

'She will soon, we're getting closer and she already said she thinks I'm cute. And when she realizes I also have Prince Charming's personality, she's going to like me.' A daydreaming smile crossed Zuo's lips at the thought of that.

He didn't even notice that Vicky was jealous, but she as feeling very angry at what was being talked about. Why didn't Zuo just notice her for one moment? He was so obsessed with Yanni.

Vicky had to stop it, and a plan quite evil was brewing in her mind.