Twenty-Nine

Yanni made her way home that afternoon with Zhixin and Xinhao. They were going to assist her in finding out what happened, she felt like she really needed to know the truth. Zhixin was also very curious as well, wanting to know how Yanni got into this kind of trap.

The three of them made it to Yanni's house, and none of the boys had ever been there. Looking around, Zhixin and Xinhao could tell that they weren't exactly rich or were probably struggling. Perhaps that's why Yanni had never let them come to her house.

'Let me get my laptop.' Yanni told them as she raced up the stairs. Both of the boys planted themselves on the pastel colored couch and waited for her.

She returned a moment later with her laptop, then sat in between the boys. She placed the laptop on the table in front of them and turned it on.

'First things first, have you ever heard of this chatbot?' Xinhao asked her.

'No,' Yanni said as she opened it. 'It just came as an ad on your singing video.'

'Oh, well...what's it called? Perhaps other users on the internet have had privacy issues with this chatbot as well. It should be on the internet.' He told her.

'Oh maybe,' she nodded and opened her browser. She typed in Personal Assistant App privacy issues, but all results were unrelated. She frowned and typed in "Personal Assistant App complaints," but once again there were no results.

'Okay hold on,' Xinhao told her, 'just write Personal Assistant App. We should know who the developers are and where it's from.'

Yanni nodded and typed that instead, but once again, all the results were unrelated.

'What's going on? Maybe they got rid of it.' Zhixin commented.

'Hmm there should still have been results,' Xinhao answered. 'You know what this means?'

'Yanni was imagining things?' Zhixin answered.

'No.' Xinhao shook his head and pulled the laptop his side. He scrolled through the app several times. 'Not even the name of the developer here, nothing. This isn't a real published app.'

'So...what is it?' Zhixin asked the question that was also on Yanni's mind.

'I think...it's something someone just created to seem like app when it's not. And the person did this just to know your secrets.' Xinhao told them. 'And...this is probably someone from our school. Obviously because the story was shared in our school.'

Yanni almost gasped. 'But who could do that?'

'Honestly Xinhao, that sounds really complicated. We're just high school students, not Computer Engineering graduates.' Zhixin commented.

'Yeah but we have two computer geeks in our class remember?' Xinhao thought over it. 'And Zuo wouldn't have any reason to do this, probably Vicky.'

'Vicky?' Yanni repeated in surprise. 'And she pretended to be a boy?'

'Probably, girls are evil you know. She could do that just to know your secrets and tell everyone from school.' Xinhao concluded.

'Okay that is evil,' Zhixin spoke. 'I'm really disgusted with her. We should teach her a lesson.'

'It doesn't matter, I'm leaving soon anyway.' Yanni looked down at her hands. 'I just want to know why she did this. I need to talk to her.'

'Talk?' Zhixin was expecting something more violent but he nodded either way. 'Fine.'

Xinhao noticed the glitter of tears in her eyes, and he understood she was more hurt than she showed.