Sixteen

'Well she sprained her wrist because of a bad landing. You kids are not lucky she didn't break anything.' The nurse reprimanded after she had finished clipping the bandage around Yanni's wrist.

Zhixin groaned in regret, while Xinhao patted his shoulder. Zuo would have loved to be in the nurse's office too, but Zhixin would obviously overreact to that. In Zhixin's mind, it was all Zuo's fault this had happened.

'You need to rest your arm, and you'll be fine in 2-10 weeks.' the nurse finally said and moved away from them. 'But you better stop playing silly games like this, next time the damage might be more severe.'

'10 weeks?' Zhixin gasped. 'No, you'll be fine in two weeks Yanni.'

Yanni got up from the bed she was sitting on and started to leave the nurse's office without replying to her boyfriend's statement.

'Where are you going?' Zhixin asked as he followed her, while Xinhao eventually joined them as well.

'Zhixin,' Yanni finally stopped in her tracks. 'I think we need a break.'

'What do you mean we need a break?' Zhixin chuckled in disbelief. They were now standing outside the shut door of the nurse's office.

'I mean...we keep arguing and obviously things are getting worse. I just need a break from all this drama.'

'No, if it's because I pushed you, that was all Zuo's fault.' Zhixin tilted his head. 'Is it that?'

'No it's because it's just not working between us. And...I kinda have too much to deal with right now, I kinda don't need this drama.' She turned around to start walking away.

'Yanni! You don't mean that...' Zhixin started to follow her.

Xinhao grabbed Zhixin's hand just in time, wanting to stop him from following her and making the situation worse. 'Respect her decision for now, I'm sure she'll be back.'

'She asked me for a break because of Zuo,' Zhixin told his friend in a disappointed tone.

'Technically not, you're the one who pushed her, not Zuo.'

'You're supposed to be on my side.'

Xinhao shrugged his shoulders and watched his friend's pained expression. Xinhao wanted to remind Zhixin that even if Yanni broke up with him, he would be able to get any other he wanted in the school. But knowing he didn't completely understand Zhixin's feelings, he decided to not say anything.

...

Zuo sighed in frustration in the classroom when he heard that Yanni's wrist had been injured. He completely blamed himself for what had happened.

Well, he knew that Yanni would probably not communicate with Prince Charming for some time now, and maybe it had to be like that, because Prince Charming had caused a good amount of trouble by telling Yanni to talk to Zuo.

'Why do you look so bothered? It's not like Zhixin hurt you right?' Vicky asked him, noticing his sad expression.

'No it's not that, but I caused Yanni's injury.'

Vicky snickered. 'It's just Yanni, what's the big deal? What's wrong with you anyway?'

'What do you mean "it's just Yanni"? It's not just Yanni, she was my good friend before so I care about what she's going through.' he sounded very emotional and Vicky was taken aback.

'Wait do you actually like Yanni? It's not just about finding her attractive is it?' She flinched.

'Is that all you care about?' Zuo groaned and put his head on the desk.