Twenty-Three

When Yanni made it home that Monday afternoon, she was once again surprised to see that both her parents were home. Whatever they were talking about didn't seem like a friendly conversation. When they saw her, they didn't even bother to stop their conversation.

'Well you're here for her, not me, so stop insulting me you rat!' Yanni's mother finally said to her husband who still wasn't exactly her ex.

'I know that,' Yanni's father turned to her. 'I hope you're getting ready.'

'Ready for what?' Yanni asked with a confused look on her face.

'For moving of course, you're moving next week. So I was wondering if you've at least started to pack...'

'Next week!?' She gasped. 'I won't even finish the semester? I thought I was moving three months from now.'

'Three months? No, your mother has already found potential buyers for this house. We need the money as quick as possible so you can't finish the semester.' Her father shrugged. 'That's what I wanted to talk to you about.'

Yanni felt tears lining her eyes. She didn't want to move away just yet, she felt like she hadn't had enough closure yet. Worse still, she wasn't mentally prepared to move to the country side with her father. It was going to be such a drastic change which was coming too soon.

'The country side is not that bad,' he tried to assure her.

But she felt he didn't understand. Yes it was sad, but it added cracks to her already crumbling life. Moving from the place she knew, having her parents divorce, consequently losing all her friends, it was something that was very painful to her.

'Stop it, she hasn't really been to the country side so I understand why it's such a big step for her.' Yanni's mother finally commented with a sympathetic look.

'Yeah she would have still been in the city if it wasn't for your spending habits Karen!' her father screamed.

'My spending habits!? You're the one who was gambling!'

Yanni's parents were starting to shout again, and this time she couldn't take it. Tears started falling out of her eyes and she ran upstairs, leaving her parents still arguing and ignoring the fact that she had left them.

Yanni dropped herself on her bed and let herself cry. She hadn't really cried over the issue, but this time she couldn't control her emotions. She had no one to tell about the situation, and it made it feel worse.

She then remembered that she had Prince Charming. Even though her mother had told her not to tell anyone, she wasn't exactly telling anyone by telling Prince Charming was she?

She quickly got up her bed and sat at her desk. She opened the laptop while she wiped her tears. She opened the Personal Assistant and started to type.