Twenty-Eight

Yanni was sitting on her desk and staring at her book, obviously not reading anything. Zuo had just entered the class, and he felt a bit worried as he walked past her. Her face was clearly showing a look of unhappiness and sadness. She looked like she was out of it.

Zuo walked over to his desk and sat behind Vicky, his eyes still fixed on Yanni.

'Well, why don't you go talk to her? She likes you doesn't she?' Vicky teased him with a smirk.

'What? Not now.' Zuo shook his head. 'What's going on though? She looks so sad.'

'How would I know? She's your friend, not mine.' Vicky shrugged.

'Right,' Zuo facepalmed. He knew that she was going through family issues but he had never seen her appear this emotional at school.

Xinhao and Zhixin walked into the classroom. Both of them walked over to Yanni's desk, wanting to talk to her. She looked up at them.

'You didn't want anyone to know did you?' Xinhao asked her. 'Just be more careful who you tell your secrets to next time.'

'That's the thing, I didn't tell anybody so I'm completely confused right now.' She explained. 'How could this happen?'

'You didn't tell anyone? Are you sure?' Zhixin finally spoke. 'Did you perhaps write it in your diary?'

'No I didn't.' Yanni shook her head. 'The only place I wrote is is...' Yanni's eyes widened in realization and she looked at the both of them.

'Where?' Xinhao asked curiously.

'I only told Prince Charming, the Chatbot.' Yanni finally said.

Zhixin folded his arms proudly. 'I said it...'

Xinhao rubbed his temples. 'Oh man...'

'Prince Charming must have been hacked.' Yanni cried as she got up. 'But by who?'

'Or...Prince Charming is a human who pretended to be a chatbot.' Xinhao said quickly. 'Don't you get it? You were duped into believing it was a chatbot when it was in fact a human.'

'It couldn't be,' Yanni couldn't have imagined having told all those secrets to a human, worse still, a human who could have known her.

'Well we're not sure what exactly happened until we have a look at this thing.' Xinhao finally said. 'Did it sound human though?'

'Uh...sometimes. I don't know.' Yanni said worriedly.

'I did warn her though.' Zhixin said to the both of them of them proudly.

Zuo had finally stopped looking at Yanni and her friend. He started to check his book when he heard girls whispering to each other behind him.

'Well, we all thought Yanni was perfect but I guess she's not. OMG she was so embarrassed to tell anyone.' One girl said to the other.

'I know, now she's going to be stuck in the countryside, so hilarious.' The other replied.

Zuo turned around to the girls involuntarily, surprised that they knew the issue. The girls looked at him with surprised expressions.

'I'm sorry but where did you hear that from?' Zuo asked the two girls.

'Uh everyone's talking about it, duh.' The first girl answered him. 'But of course you wouldn't know, you're stuck in your own little world.'

Zuo turned away from the girls and rubbed his chin in thought. Did Yanni perhaps tell everyone? But why would she do that on a school like this where everyone would probably be excited with her downfall?