22:50

A/N: I think the title gives this away....
I just wanted to quickly thank everyone for their messages on my other book - I will get back to you all! But, I am still taking a break but these are already written so this book will still be updated until I run out - I have one more and then another which has come from the requests you guys sent me! Thank you all for reading!

Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal' - unknown

Pain. That was all Carina had felt for the past few days. Her body hurt in ways she never imagined it could. She felt as it she was living outside of herself; living a life that wasn't her own. Because this wasn't how her life was supposed to be going. A dull ache radiated through her - it hurt to move, it hurt to speak, it hurt to breathe. Everything just kept circulating through her brain, every word, every movement, everything and the pain only got worse.

It had been 4 days since her brother had died. Her little baby brother. Gone.

4 days since Teddy and Owen had walked into the Chapel and told her the news she had never even imagined she would have to hear. It was like her world stopped as soon as they walked in. She could sense it before they spoke. Their bloodshot eyes, the way their heads dropped and the slowness with which they walked. He was gone.

Her mind had blocked the whole world out, everything becoming blurry as she heard the words, "I'm so sorry," before she was collapsing to the floor in both shock and grief. Maya had wrapped her arms around her and held her tightly but in the moment she hadn't been able to process anything that was going on.

They had stayed on the Chapel floor for hours. Carina wrapped in Maya's strong arms as she cried and screamed. Her body had not stopped shaking as she rocked back and forth. She'd gone through at least two panic attacks but Maya had been there through them all. She hadn't moved an inch, not dropping her hold on the brunette for even a second. Maya's presence was the only comfort Carina had right now, because every other part of her life had been destroyed. She was empty.

Maya had pretty much carried Carina out of the hospital, walking down the halls that her and Andrea had walked down. The halls were they had fought and bickered, were they had laughed and joked, the halls that she would now be forced to walk alone.

When they'd reached home Carina had walked into the bedroom and closed the door, trying to shut the rest of the world away. Trying to erase the imagine of her hands covered in her brother's blood away from her mind, trying to erase the numbness that consumed her entire body....but she couldn't.

She stripped her body of her clothes needing to be rid of any further reminder of what had happened and stepped under the warm spray but only seconds after being in she couldn't tell the difference between the water and her own tears. They fell heavy and fast forcing her to grip the side of the wall to hold herself up. Her heart ached, it felt heavy in her body as she slid to the shower floor, her body racking with cries.

Soon after, she heard Maya running into the bathroom and a small gasp falling from her lips. Her knees were pulled up to her chest tightly, making herself as small as she could be, wishing for the world to take her in and relieve her from this nightmare.

Even though her head was buried between her knees she felt Maya get into the shower and wrap her arms around her. Carina could feel that Maya was still fully dressed from the wet fabric of her white shirt that was across her back, which only made her cry more. Carina rested her head down on Maya's now wet shoulder and just held onto her as Maya whispered the first words that had been said since Owen and Teddy and walked in.

"I'm so sorry Carina. I'm so sorry."

A days later, Carina hadn't left the bedroom. She hadn't said a word and Maya didn't know what to do. She herself was still in shock over Andrea's death. He had become a close friend of hers since she'd been with Carina and to have him ripped away from their lives just felt so cruel, hell it was only a day ago he'd said that she was his favourite girlfriend Carina had ever had, and now he was gone. But right now she had to push her feelings down and her own grief and focus on Carina. Carina was what was important - she had informed the department about her circumstances and thankfully they had told her to take as much time as she needed, with no rush or pressure for her to return which was one less thing she had to worry about.