Flatlining Part Two

A/N: I wanted to be able to post something for Stefania's birthday so I managed to write this over the past few days so I hope you enjoy!!

"Okay Bishop - you are officially discharged," Maggie announced as she signed the final page of the hospital documents.

"Thank god - I'm think I've memorised every square inch of this room," Maya sighed.

"Well, I hope that you don't have to see the inside of any of these rooms for a long time," Maggie smiled.

"Preferably never," Carina added.

She was perched on the side of Maya's hospital bed, the blonde next to her now dressed in a pair of jogging bottoms and a loose t-shirt which was a welcomed change from the hospital gown that she'd been wearing for the past two weeks.

"I'll try my best," Maya said, giving her wife a kiss.

"Rest up Maya - your body still needs to heal so no strenuous exercise, no heavy lifting. I'm pretty sure Carina will have all that covered," Maggie added, sending a knowing glance to the brunette who gave a firm nod.

"Thank you for everything Dr Pierce - I wouldn't be here without you," Maya smiled.

"You are very welcome - don't make a habit of it," she laughed, before walking out of the room leaving the couple alone.

"Ready?" Carina asked, picking up Maya's duffel bag from the ground.

"Let's get out of here!" Maya said standing up.

"Not so fast Bella," Carina interjected, gaining a confused look from the blonde. Just on time a man walked through with a wheelchair.

"No Carina - come on!" Maya complained.

"Hospital policy," The porter replied with an apologetic smile.

Carina gave Maya a look which left no more room for discussion and resulted in Maya being wheeled out of the room and down the corridor.

                              ___________________________

"Home sweet home bambina," Carina said as they walked through the front door.

"Did we really need to use the lift?" Maya asked.

"Yes, Maggie said no strenuous activity. So, no stairs."

"And how long is it until I can go back to work?"

"Maya you've just been released from the hospital - not for another few weeks and then desk duty only until you have been cleared by the department," Carina explained as they walked into their bedroom.

"What am I supposed to do for all that time?!" Maya exclaimed, the full realisation of how long she'd be out of work daunting on her.

"Relax and let your body heal," Carina responded putting away some of Maya's belongings that Andy had been kind enough to bring to the hospital.

Maya gave a long sigh as she sat down on the bed and laid back. "This is going to be the most boring few weeks of my entire life," She muttered.

Day One

"Do you need anything?" Carina asked while they were lying in bed.

"No - just you," Maya whispered. She hadn't been able to hold Carina in her arms, properly, since her accident due to the brunette not wanting to disturb Maya's ribs or pull on her stitches.

"You're soft," Carina chuckled.

"Hm - only sometimes," Maya winked.

"You need to take your medication," Carina said, twisting in Maya's arms and seeing the time.