Love In A Photograph

A/N: Hello everyone!! It's been a while since I've done another one-shot but I'm back! So this one in itself has been a bit up and down 😂 I'm still not 100% sure if i like it but I think the concept is quite fun!  This was inspired by @sweet-maya with a prompt for enemies to lovers so I hope you enjoy!!

Happy reading!!

Love In A Photograph:

High School was tough. Endless assignments, A.P classes, homework and essays, college applications - but in the big picture of things Carina could cope with all that. You know what was harder than all of that though? High School with Maya Bishop.

Carina was currently sat in her biology class, sat front and centre, her eyes trained on the board as she took notes. She was on track to be valedictorian and she wouldn't let anything, or anybody get in her way of that.

"Okay class, I have your results from your latest test so listen up!" Miss Sanders called out, most of the class straightening up in their seats in anticipation. The woman stood from her desk, took a pile of sheets from the side and began walking up the rows handing them out one by one.

"I must say I was quite impressed by all of your scores - I could tell you revised, which is a nice surprise," the class let out a collective chuckle.

Carina's pen tapped back and forth, hitting the table like a drummer beating a drum. No matter how many hours she would revise, or how many notes she would write, how confident she was in her intelligence she worried about every test she did.

Maya Bishop on the other hand, seemed to exude confidence in herself, never seeming too bothered by anything more than the track and her competitions. She walked around the halls with this smugness and it irked Carina in so many ways, and the thing was everyone loved her. She would never fully commit to any relationships, would play girls like the back of her hand - there as even a rumour that she was seeing three people all at once.

But, the whole school knew of their rivalry - it was like this unexplainable tension but no one dared to touch it. Truly, no one really knew how it started it was just something that was there, and any hope of them finding some sort of peace was hopeless.

Maya took great joy in winding the Italian up and while Carina mostly put herself above the teasing and the comments but she would occasionally make a snide remark back.

"You all have your grades posted at the top and I don't want any arguments!" Miss Sanders passed Carina her test and the brunette smiled. It wasn't perfect, but it was good. A solid 95%. She already mentally planned to go over her errors and speak to the teacher to see where to improve but for now, she was happy.

"Now, I do want to congratulate our highest scorer for this test - Maya Bishop, 98%."

Carina's head snapped back to see the blonde smirking at her from back of the class, adding a wink for good measure. She just glared back in response and slumped in her chair, suddenly her score may as well have been 0.

"Class dismissed." Miss Sanders said, returning to her desk. "I want corrections on those tests please," she called over the sudden noise of scraping chairs and chattering students.

Carina tidied away her notepad and pens, her test clutched in her hands.

"What was that glare for DeLuca? It wasn't too friendly - I thought you'd want to congratulate me on doing so well," Maya commented, siding up to the brunette, a grin on her face.

"The only way you got that score is because you cheated," Carina said, her height playing a dominating fact in the sudden standoff she was in - although Maya didn't look to phased.