All I Ask Is That I See You Later

A/N: Welcome back to a new oneshot - and also a very special celebration!!

It is officially my one year marina writing anniversary!!! It's crazy to think how fast this year has gone, it feels like I've been writing for years and given I hadn't been writing (consistently at least) since I started last year it feels even longer!

I recently discovered some stats the other day that blew me away and I wanted to share them with you!! So across both sites (Ao3/Wattpad) this is what has happened in the last year!!

Total words: 308k

Total votes/kudos: 8.5k

Total hits/reads: 240k

4 completed books

12 (inc this one) one shots

And finally one book in current writing...

These are INSANE! Thank you so, so, so much - I can't even comprehend how incredible this is and while I know numbers aren't everything it really does mean a lot to me how supportive you have all been!

So for every person who has ever read, voted, commented, messaged, followed, added to their reading list - this oneshot is for you! I couldn't have done it without you all and I want to thank you for all being so supportive in this crazy journey you have all gone on with me - I love you all!

This oneshot (apart from being for all of you) was inspired by the prompt: What if Carina said no to Maya - I honestly spent around forty minutes trying to find your comment but couldn't so if that was yours please let me know!!!

The title of this was inspired by two different songs, but they both captured the tone and storyline and it felt like the perfect combination: All I Ask by Adele and See you later (ten years) by Jenna Raine - please go and check them both out!!!

Also uploading this between sets while at the gym - you lucky people 🤣

Now - after that very long A/N...here we go! I hope you enjoy!

"Carina," Maya said, taking one of the biggest chances of her life.

The woman in question turned around, and stared back at the blonde with a hard look on her face as the memories of two weeks ago flashed through her mind."What do you want?" She asked.

Maya's hands shook as she tried to find the right words - she only had one chance. She couldn't mess this up, not again. She'd already done that once.

"I'm an idiot," she blurted out, mentally facepalming herself, but once the words left her mouth she couldn't stop. "You were right, I was abused, my dad was abusive but that is no excuse for what I did to you," she took a breath as her eyes locked in on brown.

She'd spent countless numbers of hours just staring into those eyes, she knew them like the back of her hand, the way they would shine whenever she smelt good coffee, or the way they would get ever so slightly lighter when she was happy, usually after a successful surgery, the way they would darken whenever the sexual tension in the room became all too much.

She knew Carina's eyes and it hurt her to see the way they were glassed over, the hurt being barricaded in but Maya knew - she could see the pain she had put the woman in front of her through and she had to get her back. She had to make this right, because Carina was it for her. She was her person, her other half - she just had to hope that she would be granted a second chance.

"I- just please, please take me back," she begged, her own tears beginning to fall down her face. "I love you, and I've never said that about anyone before - except my brother so it means something," she rambled, pleading with the world that she wasn't out of time, that she wasn't out of luck.