Love You From a Distance Part Two

A/N: I just want to say thank you so much for the response to Love You From a Distance, I never expected so much positive feedback and I'm so glad you all enjoyed it! So, after so, so many requests for a part two I have written it! This was quite hard to write as I never initially had the intention of following it up, so planning it was a bit tricky but I got there in the end! I hope I did the first part justice and you all enjoy it!

It's another long one so get comfy, grab a drink and happy reading!

                                      Love You From a Distance - Part Two

'Missing someone gets easier everyday because even though you are one day further from the last time you saw them, you are one day closer to the next time you will.' - anonymous.

Month One:

Carina never truly realised how lonely her life had been before she'd met Maya. Of course she had her friends and her brother, but there was something about having that special person in your life that had changed everything for her. Maya had become her everything. She was on her mind 24/7, whether they were together or not. She was consumed by the blonde haired blue eyed Marine, and the thing was, she wouldn't have it any other way. Maya was her other half - but right now she just wished she could have her other half in her arms and not thousands of miles away.

She loved her job, being able to bring new life into the world was one of the greatest joys and having the ability to do that everyday and see the euphoric look on parents' faces. Today, however, was not one of those days. Not only had she woken up just wanting to hold the blonde in her arms, but she had also had a thirty-six hour shift ahead of her and to make matters even worse she had a new set of residents that had already messed up. She'd asked for a set of patient files to be updated and sent over to her, but not only were they an hour late, they were for the wrong patient which meant Carina had had to go down there herself and sort it out in the midst of having a mountain of paperwork to get through. So it was safe to say she wasn't off to the best start.

As she strode through the hallways and into her office, she was in such a wound-up state she missed the redhead sitting on the sofa, only noticing when her tossed tablet was caught by said redhead.

"I know it's a Monday and all but what did this thing ever do to you?"

"Addison, you scared me!" Carina cried, holding her hand to her chest as she tried to catch her breath.

"I mean I would have said something but you seem a tad distracted," Addison replied, crossing her legs as she looked up expectantly at the brunette. "So - are you going to tell me or just sit in your office all day drowning in....whatever...this is?" She asked.

"You're awfully annoying - anyone ever told you that?" Carina asked, slumping into her office chair.

"Daily - sometimes twice if I'm lucky," she smirked, making Carina roll her eyes with a smile. "I have all day you know."

"I miss Maya," Carina revealed.

"The blonde that caught your heart. How long has it been?"

"Twenty seven days," Carina sighed. She had been telling Addison and Jo all about her relationship with Maya and they'd always been there for he. They'd helped her plans dates and surprise gifts and they'd been there for her when she'd cried her eyes out the day Maya had left - not that she would say that to the blonde, she had to be strong for them both.

"Do you know when you'll be able to talk to her?"

"No. They aren't allowed any contact for at least the first month because they have to set up, get settled and do all the things they have to do. But, I'm so used to having her around, even just to text her or get a message saying she'll see me after work. I never realised how hard all the little things would be y'know," Carina said, mostly to herself, as her hands ran across the necklaces hanging around her neck. It had become an unconscious habit these past few weeks - whenever she thought of Maya, which was always, she held onto her necklaces. A reminder that no matter the distance, they were one, they were Maya and Carina, they could get through this - together.