All Is Fair In The Courtroom

A/N: Hello, hello, hello! How are you all doing? Thank you all so much for the response to Game of Survival - I'm so glad you all enjoyed it! I have another one-shot for you before I officially come back in February - so count this as a little New Years gift!

It has been an interesting few days BUT this has come at the end of it so all is well! I hope you enjoy, especially sweet-maya who's prompt request this was! Happy reading!

A few notes: Amelia is not related to Derek. Ben and Bailey aren't together. Carina and Arizona were never together and Andrew never knew Arizona (basically any known relationships that aren't ready established don't exist!)

New York is a powerful place. It is the place where people go to make their dreams come true, however unfortunately it was also the place where people's dreams go to die. It is competitive and exclusive, social and influential, intimidating and is one of the wealthiest cities in the world.

And if you are a lawyer it is one of the best places to be. Corporations that were constantly involved in scandals, wealthy people always looking for people to get them out of trouble and people who were seeking out justice. It's the place of opportunity.

In the Upper East Side resided the office of Bishop & Associates - one of the best law firms in the country, with some of the best lawyers under its belt. Maya Bishop was the managing partner having worked her way up through the ranks until she opened her own practice - instantly taking control of the market and dominating the field.

Maya was currently sat in her office, her corner facing office having a nice view of central park - the exact place where she would take her morning runs.

She had her desk covered in paperwork for her latest upcoming case in a few hours.

"Knock knock," Someone said, poking their head in.

"Herrera," Maya greeted. "Everything okay?"

"All good - just wanted to see how you were doing."

"You wanted to see how I was doing?" Maya asked, raising her eyebrow.

"This is an interesting case - family custody, not usually your style."

"Correct - it's not. But I wanted to do it - I owed her a favour. She delivered my nephew so I said if she ever needed anything I was here."

"Well you are looking sharp," She complimented.

"Thanks," Maya smiled. She was wearing a white blouse with a light blue suit - the colour perfectly matching her eyes, her hair lightly curled in waves. Ready for court - but then Maya always looked ready for court. Perfectly dressed every single day.

"You all ready," Andy asked, taking a seat.

"I am - but you know how family law is."

"Unpredictable - yeah I know."

"Who's the judge?"

"Judge Warren."

"Good guy." Andy nodded.

"He is - fair, never heard any complaints."

"How you doing Bishop?" A new voice said.

"You know there is a door for a reason, Hughes. You knock on it." Maya said, dropping her pen to sit back in her chair.

"Hm, is it?" She questioned, before sitting down next to Andy. "So? Big case today."

"I wouldn't call it 'big' given what we've dealt with before." Maya replied, she'd dealt with nearly half a billion dollar lawsuits before - on her scale, this wasn't big. However, it was important and she was putting just about as much effort into this as she would for a corporate case.