A Little Bit Yours

A/N: This is a special update because it is my 18th birthday!! There is also an update to A Million More To GO (So a double update!) This oneshot came from a prompt from: Kelly_1khs so I hope you enjoy! All I will say about this one is take with a pinch of sugar - aka this is supposed to be somewhat lighthearted and fluffy even though it gets a bit dark - but regardless...happy reading!!

"Gio! Luce!" Maya yelled from the kitchen. "Let's go, we're going to be late!"

She soon heard two pairs of feet runs down the hallway. "Have you both got everything?" She asked, checking them both over.

"Sì," Gio replied with a smile. "Clothes, bags, presents."

"Good - let's get going then," Maya said, ushering the two out of the door.

Gio and Luce were twins, their full names being Giovani and Lucia, but unless they were in trouble they were always known by everyone as Gio and Luce. They both had dark brown hair and bright blue eyes - a perfect mix of their parents.

Once they were finally in the car Maya pulled out from the apartment complex and began their drive.

"Did you both enjoy today?" Maya asked them, looking in the rearview mirror.

"We did! Thank you mommy!" Luce said with an excitement smile.

Tomorrow was the twins' birthday and Maya had taken them both out for the day, going to an amusement park, followed by ice-cream and then dinner at their favourite Italian restaurant where they'd had cannoli as dessert with the entire staff singing happy birthday to the two as they brought it out.

Maya's heart had warmed seeing them so happy, both smiling and laughing as they entertained each other. But, she was really beginning to understand the concept of time as she'd watched her babies grow to be almost 10 years old. Double digits. How time flies...

"What was your favourite part of the day?" Maya asked as they stopped at a red light.

"Ice-cream!" Luce cried out, an answer that didn't surprise the blonde. Her daughter was just as much infatuated with sugar and sweet treats as she was.

"Gio?"

"Presents," He grinned.

"Oh yeah? What was your favourite?"

"The book all about the human body," he replied. "I want to be just like mama and Uncle Andrew," He continued.

"I know you do bud - I'm sure you will be," She smiled - while her daughter was much like her, her son was much more like Carina. More encapsulated by books and art, loved to explore and research things and even when he was young he'd always been curious. He was excelling in science in school, which wasn't to much of a shock given who his family was.

Lucia was a lot like Maya, loved being active and was already playing in her school's softball team, was very stubborn yet determined and always worked hard for what she wanted. They were definitely a challenging pair to parent but she loved them with every fibre of her being.

Maya moved the car around the oh so familiar street and then slowly pulled to a stop.

"Right you two, make sure you're good-"

"We will be!" Luce interrupted.

"I know you will. Right, unclip your seatbelts," She said, opening up her door and waiting for the two to exit the car.

She put her hands on their shoulders as they all walked down the path where the front door opened and light flooded out. Maya's blues met chestnut brown and she still couldn't help the flutter that erupted in her stomach. The way the black-shirt hugged her curves and showed the tan skin underneath. The tight jeans that covered her long legs and that beautiful wavy brown hair that had hints of some blonde strands through it when the sun hit at the right angle. She was breathtaking.