I Found You

A/N: Hi everyone! So you have all offices leaky exhausted all of my work 😂 this is the last of all my written work but I may have something for next week that I've been working on for the past few weeks or so! I hope you enjoy - I'd say this is probably one my favourite one shot I've written so far in addition to next weeks 😉

Summary: Sometimes it takes those closest to us to realise what it really means to be alive - the only question is: Is it too late? _____________________________

"The ties that bind us are sometimes are sometimes impossible to explain. They connect us even after it seems like the ties should be broken. Some bonds defy distance and time and logic; because some ties are simply...meant to be." - Meredith Grey
_____________

"I have had you in my OR one too many times Bishop - but you have always walked out these hospital doors alive. I don't plan on ending that streak today," Dr Bailey said, mostly to herself, as she walked into the operating room as she was being gowned and gloved.

"How are we looking?" She asked everyone, as she stepped up to her place on the table.

"Pulse is weak and blood pressure is 136/82, severe trauma to the abdomen with internal bleeding," one of the scrub nurses reeled off. Dr Bailey nodded.

"10 blade," she requested. "You're not dying on me tonight," she mumbled under her mask as the blade ran down the blonde's stomach.
_______________

The air was clean, the sky was clear of clouds and the sun was shining. The waves crashed down onto the sand in a rhythmic pattern, it was soothing for Maya as she walked across the hot sand, the grains ticking against her bare feet.

She had her hands stuffed in the pockets of her navy trousers, they were almost flow-y in a sense, the gentle breeze cooling her legs against the strong rays of the sun with a white shirt on, a few of the top buttons open so that she could expose some skin. She'd never felt so at peace with the calm atmosphere surrounding her and taking her away from all the stresses of everyday life.

"Maya!" A voice called out from behind her. She furrows her brow, confused by the sudden intrusion of sound. "Maya!" The voice sounded again. She turned to try and find where it had come from, her eyes squinting to try and make out who it was. The figure began to walk closer and closer to her, breaking through from the brightness of the sun until they became clearer.

"What are you doing here?" She asked them, as they stopped in front of her.

"What am I doing here? Maya what are you doing here?"

"I - I don't know. I don't know how I got here or why?" Maya replied.

"You'll find out soon enough I guess," they replied with a shrug.

"Mason!" Maya groaned, as the taller blonde laughed. "You have to help me!"

"The only person that can help you is yourself," he said with a smirk.

"Always were a man of many words weren't you?" Maya teased, rolling her eyes.

"So, how have you been?" He asked, as they began to walk across the beach together.

"Good. I've been great actually. I have a girlfriend now and she's pretty amazing," Maya said with a shy smile.

"Oh, trust me. I know," he teased back.

"What do you mean 'I know'?"

"What, you think after I died I wouldn't keep checking in on you? I know exactly what you've been up to. Fire academy, Lieutenant, Captain - you've done well for yourself. I'm proud," he said. "Although, some of your relationship choices," he winced.