BUDGET CUTS

I walk into my maths class on Wednesday morning and I realise something isn't right. I look to where my teacher, Mr. Edgar sits. He isn't there. Instead there is a guy with his feet on the table. He's dressed in a red shirt with suspenders. He had a scar on his left eye and had almost black hair.

"Wait, what happened to Mr. E?" I asked the new teacher.

"He quit" The new teacher replied.

"Wait, th-that's it? He just up and left? Mr... " I wait for a response, after an uncomfortable amount of silence, he finally tells me his name.

"Bennet. Mr. Felix Bennet. I will be your new math teacher." I didn't ask any other questions. As i sat through the lesson. I noticed that he would occasionally fiddle with what looked to be a red coin or poker chip. I went on my way to my other classes. Everytime i went to one, there was either a teacher who was 'fired' or who 'quit'. It was all the same. It wasn't just me either. There was alot of new teachers. Most of the entire school staff was replaced by the next week or so.

I found out that there were only 6 HOD (Head of Departments) and the Deputy Principal that had constant interactions with Trevor the principal.

There was the Deputy Principal whose name was Vicki Ladier.

There was Felix Bennet, the HOD for Maths and my new math teacher.

There was Tiffany Reeves who was the HOD of English and also my new English teacher.

Then there was Elaine Delaney who was the HOD for the Arts (Drama, dance, music, film, etc.)

Next there was Helen Tempest who was the HOD for science and also Reece's and Cane's science teacher.

There was also Terry Lance who was the HOD for IT studies and Computer sciences.

Finally there was Samuel Peters who was the HOD of Health and Physical Education. I was very concerned what they had planned. I knew it wasn't just a routine change of staff. There had to be something going on.