THEY SET A FIRE AND BURNT DOWN MY HOUSE

"Zoe?" I call out. No answer. I can definitely smell gas. I look in our bedroom. Nothing. I look in Makayla's room. I see something under her blanket with a note on top. I pick up the note.

Left you a little gift. ;)
Enjoy- TM

I lift the blanket and find a bomb with three seconds left. I instantly turn and run out my house. BANG! The entire house goes up in flames. I lay there on my back watching all those memories go up in smoke. This feels like the end. I've lost my car, my house, my family. These people have taken away everything from me. It's time to get payback. I lay there sobbing on the floor while people stand around the giant fire engulfing my house. The fire lights up the night sky with it's orange and yellow glow. I finally take out my phone.

"Jacob what's going on?" Cane asked on the other line.

"They burnt it all down. My house is gone. My family is gone and my car is destroyed. Can I crash at your place." I say through tears and sobbing.

"Yeah, yeah I'll be right over."

No more dreams, only memories that burn in a fire. Feeding it, nourishing it, keeping it alight. Try and try but you can never out run it. Hold on to those memories because when the smoke clears, all that's left is ash.

I heard that in a magazine that Zoe had. Now I think it applies to me now, more than ever. I wait in front of my now smouldering house for Cane to arrive. He finally pulls up and I hop in.