THE CALL

I could barely sleep that night. I was tossing and turning thinking about Nikki and how she's been down there for 10 years. I couldn't wait to tell the guys about this. I managed to doze off and eventually woke up at 9:30 in the morning with 10 missed calls from Cane. Shoot, I'm late. I grab my keys and hop in the car. I arrive at The Coffee Palace.

"Guys, guys ok you're not going to believe me but I found Nikki and all the others." Everyone stays still and just stare at me perplexed.

"What? You actually found them? How? Where? When?" Tommy asked.

"I found a back room with an elevator in it which led me down to a tunnel system. I saw Dani, Rachel, Ash, Lachy and then I heard Nikki calling out. She had lost track of time. I told her that it had been 10 years."

"How did she take it?" Reece asked.

"She was devastated, obviously. I mean finding out you've been alone for ten years really messes with your head. She broke down."

"Man, I feel bad for her. How was everyone else?" Tommy asked.

"They were... lifeless. They were all standing in the middle of their rooms not moving, not talking, not screaming. Nothing. It was silent." I said getting chills up my back.

"So this is definitely enough evidence to go and face them." Cane asked.

"I think so. I think what we should do is..." I'm interrupted by my phone. It's Zoe.

"Hello?"

"Jacob! Jacob come back right now. There's something here."

"Wow calm down, what's happening."

"I started smelling gas and went into Makayla's room and saw... AGGHHHHHHH!" The line goes silent.

"ZOE? ZOE!!" I get up and run for the car. I notice that my car was driving so fast that I slipped off the road and crashed. I hop out of the car while people from passing cars get out and ask if I'm alright. I tell them I'm fine. I'm definitely not fine. I have cuts and scrapes and I think I hurt my arm. I keep running to my house. By the time I get there it's dark. I head into the house.