New Light

Surprisingly, your 'talk' with Jean and Levi had somehow worked. You didn't know what happened after you left and you didn't want to know. Whatever little spat they had between them was now resolved as you watched them jamming together with the band.

They aren't really back on talking terms yet but at least they aren't at each other's throats. You typed your assignment away on your laptop as you hummed along to the song.

The band had decided to continue using the old jamming studio that they've been using all along, even after they gained their popularity. Something about saving the band money wherever possible so that Hange can use it to tweak and improve their equipment and not forgetting about their roots. You shrugged your shoulders, you'd preferred if they at least used a bigger studio but hey, what do you know, you thought.

You looked up to see Eren clinching tightly on to his microphone, his knuckles turning white. He was bent forward slightly with his feet pointing to each other and his knees almost touching. You could even see him sweat a little. You raised a brow as you looked at everyone else who, in contrast, seemed to be acting normal. In fact, they were even wearing their hoodies because of the freezing cold air-conditioning. Another reason why you think they should've gotten a different jamming studio...

The whole band was focused on their parts when Eren interrupted everyone. "Okay guys, I'm so sorry but I really need to take a shit! Five minutes break!" Eren yelled as he scrambled out of the room. "Or more!" He screamed as his voice echoed down the corridor. You clicked your tongue in understanding.

Jean laughed as he placed his guitar down and leaned it against his amplifier, "Incoming Jägerbomb." You snorted at Jean's joke as the others, except Levi, laughed and wheezed.

Levi glared at Jean but raised a brow as he watched you laugh. You noticed him staring at you and gave him a smile. Levi tensed as he tried to lift a corner of his mouth. You found yourself silently cheering him on to at least complete a half-smile when Hange came over to talk to him about her guitar pedals. His almost complete smile instantly vanished as he turned to look at Hange.

Jean sat down beside you and glanced at your laptop, "Shit, I completely forgot about that." He gasped as his face paled. You rolled your eyes at him, "Why am I not surprised?"

Levi and Hange eventually joined to sit with you around the small table. As the three of you were making small talk, you noticed Levi intensively typing on his phone. He seemed pretty focused on it, so you brushed it off as him typing down lyrics for a new song he was coming up with.

After about ten minutes of Jean and Hange bothering you, Eren finally came back into the room. He wiped his sweat with his arm as he sighed, "Man, that was intense. Alright guys, let's start this shit!"

Jean and Hange stood up and began walking towards their instruments. Levi lingered behind for a few seconds, a wrinkle forming between his brows as he frowned at his phone. He sighed and placed his phone face up beside your laptop on the table.

Your eyes followed him as he picked his bass up. He let out a loud cough to get everyone's attention, "What's the difference between a guitar and a tuna?"

You tilted your head as you looked around the room to see everyone with the same perplexed expression, awkwardly glancing around at each other unsure of how to respond.

"You can't tuna fish." He said monotonously as he slung his bass over his head.

The room was silent as you blinked. "It's supposed to be a-" Levi broke the silence as he shook his head, "Forget it, let's just get started." He grumbled.

Levi's phone vibrated, catching your attention. To your surprise, his phone was still unlocked. You squint your eyes to see that he was on a WikiHow page on 'How to Be Funny.'