chapter fourteen

BECA'S POV:

I was standing in front of my sister's dorm, late in the afternoon and so I knew her roommate wasn't going to be in. Her guitar that she had discarded in the trash was in my hand and she was lucky I loved her enough to be trifling through the trash.

"Go away." Y/n groaned when I knocked on the door."

"It's me. It's beca. I'm not leaving so you should open the door."

I heard some shuffling on the other side before the door opened, my sister looking like a hot mess. Her eyes were red and puffy and the faint smell of weed lingered off her and my lips cracked into a small smirk at how rebellious she was.

"What do you want?" She croaked.

"I think this belongs to you." I handed her the acoustic guitar.

Her eyes glanced at it and back to me, "it does. I don't want it."

"You've had this guitar since you were 12. You worked on the neighbors yard for 3 months to get this."

"I don't care. I don't want it." And y/n just gets back into bed with her back to me.

I entered her dorm and shut the door behind me, "don't make me come over there and spoon you."

"Please don't."

"I'm gonna." I set the instrument next to her bed on the stand.

"Beca no-"

I didn't listen to her futile attempts to get me to stop as I climbed into her bed and spooned her from behind.

"This is weird." My sister commented.

"Okay yeah it is. Look you obviously have feelings for Chloe or you wouldn't be this beat up about it."

"I never said I didn't have feelings for Chloe. I do. I just don't wanna get hurt. But I guess I shot myself in the foot cause I hurt myself and I hurt her."

"Yeah you did. I haven't seen Chloe but I'm sure she's a mess."

"Aubrey said she cried herself to sleep the other day."

"Talk to her."

"I don't wanna hurt her more."

"You won't if you tell her how you really feel."

"I don't know if I can be in a relationship Beca."

"Tell her that, not me."

Y/n sighed, sitting up in bed and her arms fell into her lap, "I made her out to be the bad guy. I sabotage things before they even start just to save my heart. I'm selfish. I'll give her closure and then she can move on."

"God you're so dumb."

"Hey!"

"You're sabotaging yourself! You could seriously be happy with Chloe and you're throwing it away and for what? Your ex? Don't give her the satisfaction."

y/n looked away from me, her eyes sad and "I'm just scared." She mumbled and her bottom lip trembled.

"Which is why you need to talk to her. You need to tell her these things and not me."

"But-"

"no buts. We have no bellas practice so I assume she's at her dorm. Go to her or I'll kick your ass."

"Fine. I'll talk to her." y/n got up and rummaged around her dresser and grabbed some comfortable clothes before looking at me and I gave her a smile.

YOUR POV:

Once I was semi decent, I made it to Chloe's dorm. My anxiety was high. I was sure my entire body was shaking. I heard crying and sniffling on the other end and it made my heart hurt even more. I heard Aubrey's voice talking and I didn't want to intrude so I didn't bother knocking.

I was about to turn around and go back to my dorm and crawl back under my covers. It had only been a day. Not even a full day and I was already breaking.

My entire body went stiff when I heard the door open and Aubrey walked out. She rolled her eyes when she saw me, not even trying to hide the disgust she held for me.

"Not you again."

"I'm here to talk to her." I mumbled quietly.

"Are you? Or are you just gonna break her heart more."

"I'm just here to talk aubrey. I thought about what you said. You were right. Beca was right. Everyone was right."

"I know I'm right. Now if you break her heart again I'm gonna kick your ass."

"Get in line. Beca's first."

The tall blonde huffed and walked away to wherever. I cleared my throat and with a shaky fist, I knocked on chloes door.

"Chloe. It's me. Can we talk?"

Chloe sniffles "what? You gonna tell me you don't want me again?"

"No. I came here to tell you that I'm an asshole and I do want you. I'm just- I'm scared. I made you out to be the bad guy thinking you were gonna cheat on me and I wanted to sabotage things before they started. I'm sorry for hurting you." I spilled out my feelings and the door opened and there stood Chloe, wearing an oversized sweatshirt with her hair in a messy bun. Her eyes were red and puffy and tear stains were on her cheeks.

She didn't say anything when she opened the door, she just turned around and sat down on her bed. I came into the room and stood there in the corner, shifting on my feet.

"I'm sorry Chloe. I'm so sorry. I led you on and then got scared. I'm sorry if I could go back I'd change everything."

"you didn't lead me on. I was stupid to think that you were ready and that we could be something. It's my fault I chose to be with you."

"I understand if you regret it and don't want anything more with me. I do really like you Chloe, and I want more but if you don't want that then we can be friends." I breathed, finally saying it out loud. I wanted her. My entire being felt lighter now that I finally admitted it out loud.

Chloe looked at me now, her bottom lip trembling and she looked so relieved to hear those words, "you want me?"

"I- I do. And I know you're not like my ex, i just-"

The rest of my words were cut off when the finger came over and kissed my lips slowly, "do you want me?"

"So bad." I mumbled against her lips.

and Chloe gets up and kisses her lips slowly "do you want me?" "So bad."

She kissed me again slowly and my hands fell to her hips.

"I'm not gonna cheat on you. Since we've started having sex I haven't slept with anyone else. I don't want anyone else, I want you."

I couldn't help but smile a little at her words, "I only want you too. Go on a date with me?"

"I'd love to go on a date with you. Bella's practice isn't until later tomorrow, we can do something before."

"Sounds good to me."

Chloe grinned, jumping into my arms as she koala hugged me, "me too. now, i've really been missing you and request cuddles."

"Request granted."

"I'm sorry I doubt everything." I sighed once we got into her bed, her laying on my chest as we held each other tight and Chloe intertwined our legs together.

The woman shook her head, softly tucking some hair out of my eyes "don't apologize. I'll show you what it feels like to be loved the right way. I'll show you what it's like to be appreciated."

a/n: the angst didn't last long. don't worry, I'm sure there will be more