Prelude

Sarada does not know how long she was pacing back and forth infront of her father's office.

Biting the nail of her thumb in agitation, she kept on reciting the words she would tell Sasuke in an attempt to atleast change his mind.

"Sarada-sama," Aoda, their family butler called her name, breaking her train of thoughts. "I believe it would be best if you just tell the Master how you actually feel. He would always listen to his daughter."

Sighing, Sarada faced the old man. She noticed the white streaks on his dark hair which showed signs of aging. There were faint lines here and there adorning his forehead and mouth but it made him look wiser, if anything.

Aoda had been serving the Uchiha clan for years. Come to think of it, Sarada does not know how long exactly. All she knows is that Aoda has been with the family even before she was born.

"I don't know about that..." Sarada replied in a whisper but it was enough for the loyal servant to hear.

In all honesty, she really is not sure if her father would listen to her demands. Knowing Uchiha Sasuke, once he put his mind onto something there's no way one could change it.

But, if it was his own daughter... then maybe Papa would consider?

She thought.

Aoda was silently watching his Master's daughter, until Sarada decided to knock on the wooden door.

"Come in," a stern voice said from behind the closed door.

If it were another person perhaps they would think twice before entering the head of the Uchiha clan's office. It feels as though you're going inside a room with a hungry snake ready to devour you whole but Sarada knows that it's different when it come to them. Her and Sakura.

Uchiha Sasuke may seem stoic and intimidating but he is totally different when it comes to the two most important person in his life.

"Papa..."

Sarada swallowed the lump forming on her throat. Her father's eyes were completely watching her as she slowly made her way to the vacant sofa chair.

She sat quietly. Playing with her fingers, she braved herself to try and look Sasuke in the eyes.

She was the first one to break eye contact.

On the other hand, Uchiha Sasuke was studying his daughter like how he usually study the business proposals that were piling up on his table.

If it were Sakura... what would she say?

That was what Sasuke had in mind. Of course he doesn't want his daughter to be away from them but if this is the only way to protect her, so be it.

A heavy silence engulfed them. Sarada was afraid that the courage she mustered entering her father's office will end up wasted so she opened her mouth to speak.

"Papa... I..." Biting her lower lip, she urged herself to continue despite the pounding of her heart due to being nervous. "I don't want to enter that academy!"

"Konoha is an elite school, Sarada. The student's safety is their top most priority. Something that your current school can't offer," Sasuke replied calmly.

"But, I'm already at the middle of my school year! Do I really need to transfer tomorrow?" she asked.

"The sooner the better." Sasuke stood up.

"Sarada, there are people who would do anything just to see the Uchiha's downfall. And as long as I haven't got rid of them, you will stay at the academy."