Chapter 15

"Shika, can you please just help me with our homework? Please?" Iwabe pleaded, both of his hands clasped in a prayer like position.

The poor boy was excellent- almost unrivaled with Metal coming close, when it comes to athleticism and sports although the same thing cannot be said with academics.

Of course he's trying just as hard as the others when it comes to studying but it is proving quite a challenge especially if he seems to always suffer short term memory whenever they talk about the new lessons and stuff.

He would remember it for a day then completely forget it the next day.

"Dude, no offense... I would be more than willing- even though it's such a drag, to help you study if you would just stop forgetting everything each damn second," Shikadai replied lazily while lacing both of his hands behind his head as he leaned against one of the couches inside Thunder Burger. "It's actually pretty tiring, 'ya know? Why don't you ask Boruto for help once?"

The taller boy groaned problematically. Putting both hands over his head as he slammed his forehead against the table with a loud thud almost startling Inojin, Denki, and Metal.

Mitsuki sipped on his iced latte, the usual calmness can be seen in his face while he watched Iwabe who's having a complete meltdown.

"Do you really think I would be begging you like this if Boruto agreed to teach me in the first place?" Iwabe mumbled, still laying his cheek against the cold table beside his messy notes and his thick book.

"I did ask him before you and the bloke coldly turned me down! He didn't even let me finish my sentence..." He whispered the last words under his breath as he recalled how Boruto declined him. The blonde seemed to be in a hurry, not bothering to glance at Iwabe while saying that he had to go somewhere.

"Hey, is it just me or does Boruto seem busy these past few days?" Inojin suddenly asked after munching on his burger.

"Hmm what makes you say that?" Denki furrowed his brows as he glanced at Inojin from behind his laptop.

"Well, before... he still has time to hang out with us even though the exams are fast approaching. But these past few days, it seems like he's trying to put more time into studying after class? That's always his excuse whenever I would invite him." The blond grumbled while crossing his arms.

Iwabe hummed as he sat properly. He leaned back against the plush couch while nodding his head in agreement.

Shikadai sighed. It was true that his best friend was always declining their invitation these days. Whenever he would ask why, Boruto would just shrug before saying that he wants to study for the upcoming test.

Of course, the spiky haired boy didn't believe that.

"Maybe he wants to make sure that he would maintain the title of elite student for this sem?" Metal concluded, dipping his fries in chocolate fudge ice cream before popping it inside his mouth.

Iwabe scrunched his face, slightly appalled at the boy's food combination.

"Really? Fries with ice cream?"

"Why? It's good!" Metal replied, completely enjoying his meal but Iwabe seemed to think differently.

A smirk formed on Metal's face as he began munching loudly as if to further annoy his friend. He grabbed some fries and dipped it in ice cream before lifting it towards Iwabe.

"You should try it," he said nonchalantly.

"Eww, get that away from my face!"

Shikadai, and Inojin sighed at the two boys' antics. They were starting to attract attention now because of Iwabe's loud voice accompanied by Metal's laughter. Denki bowed shyly at the other students who were sitting near them, an embarrassed blush forming on his cheeks.