Chapter 6

"Kawa—"

"Are you really gonna go after him?" Boruto harshly cut her off, she can see his brow furrowing.

The boy was looking at her as if running after Kawaki was the most ridiculous and offending thing in the world. Sarada angrily looked at Boruto, to try and fight back the challenge in his deep blue eye.

"So? What is it to you if I did?" Sarada remarked, arching her brows in confusion and irritation.

She can't understand why Boruto is acting like this. Why does he care so much about what she wants to do anyways?

Why is he trying to stop her?

And also, did Kawaki just call the blonde boy his little brother?! What's up with that? If they are indeed siblings, then why does it seem like they aren't in good terms? Did they have fight?

"I told you, didn't I?" The Uzumaki heir replied sternly, "You should stay away from him!"

"Hey, that's enough you guys," Shikadai suddenly intervened as he stood in between them. "Boruto..."

The spiky haired boy called his best friend's name in a warning tone, as if telling him to calm down.

"And why should I listen to you? Who are you anyways? You're not my guardian. Heck, were not even close to being acquaintances!" Sarada bursted in vexation.

The questions just keep piling up and it was frustrating her badly because instead of getting the answers she needed, more questions and mysteries were being thrown at her.

Is this what she gets for constantly playing pranks on Aoda when she was still a kid? Maybe she's finally getting the karma that she deserves for being such a hardheaded child and giving their maids a hard time.

Boruto seemed taken aback by her sudden outburst. Even the rest of her friends were looking at her direction with wide eyes, all sporting a surprised expression on their faces.

But the young Uzumaki was quick to regain his senses as he tried his best to reply calmly only to fail miserably.

"He's a good for nothing troublemaker! Who knows what he might end up doing?! If you continue to stay beside him... you might also get involve in some serious trouble. Do you really want that?" he said through gritted teeth.

Sarada clenched her fists tightly, she can feel her hands shaking and her breathing getting shallow. A feeling of anger and embarrassment started bubbling in her chest seeing how almost every student in the cafeteria is watching them, or her rather.

So much for trying to keep a low profile. Ugh, now you've done it Sarada! Shannaro!

"How can you say such things to your own brother?" she replied, slightly perturbed by the way he said it.

The Uchiha heiress may be an only child so she doesn't have a wink of idea as to how sibling relationship works. But she well damn know that judging a person by his past mistakes is wrong on so many different levels.

Kawaki may be a delinquent or criminal for all she cares, but it's obvious that he's changed now! Or that's what she chose to believe considering how Kawaki saved her from an incoming baseball earlier!

If he really is still the same person Boruto claims him to be, then he wouldn't have gone through all that effort of following her because she was casually walking at a field where stray balls are waiting to catch her by surprise.

"Sarada, come on. That's enough," Inojin chimed in, there was a slight panic in his tone while he tried to lightly tug her arm and make her sit back down.