Chapter 24

Fixing her hair anxiously, Sarada released a shaky breath for the umpteenth time, fidgeting on her seat as she waited for Boruto.

She decided to go to the restaurant half an hour earlier than their meeting time hoping she would calm down and would be able to relay her honest thoughts to him without fumbling her words.

Nervous was an understatement to what she's feeling as she gazed at her phone for the billionth time, waiting for the time to change from six fifty-nine to seven.

A heavy breath she didn't realize she was holding left her lips, her eyes scanned the brightly lit restaurant they own. She pursed her lips seeing that almost every customer were couples or families who wore fancy clothes and dresses.

She subconsciously patted her black dress and ran a hand through her hair styled in a half ponytail.

Her heart was racing although Boruto hadn't arrived yet. Well, it's pretty normal considering she's planning to tell him everything.

That's right, while she was alone waiting on their table. She decided she will tell Boruto the whole truth about her identity. About her being an Uchiha.

She knows her father would definitely not like it if he learns about her plan but then again, another person knowing wouldn't hurt right?

Inojin and Shikadai already knows. What's the difference if Boruto knows too?

The difference is... having more people who knows means an increase in possibility of her secret being unveiled.

Averting her gaze, it now landed on the far corner of the room where the kitchen door was supposed to be located. Waiters clad in their white dress shirt and black bow tie had been coming in and out of the room.

Black brows furrowed when she noticed two workers huddled together as if having a serious conversation in hushed whispers. Although they were quick to stop whatever they're talking about when the taller guy met her stare.

Sarada was a hundred percent sure that she was their topic. And no doubt, it must be about keeping her identity under wraps the moment Boruto arrives.

The other one must be the waiter who'll be taking their orders later.

Sipping on her cold water, her eyes unconsciously drifted towards the entrance to look for any signs of the blond-haired boy she's waiting but more than five minutes has passed and he was still nowhere in sight.

Her water was growing warmer and was almost half full.

Another five minutes and her glass was now empty.

Sarada was growing impatient by the second and by the time another minute has passed, she grabbed her phone and texted him.

Sarada:

I'm here.

That was all she said before resting her phone on the table and straightening the nonexistent crumples of her black dress.

Where the hell is he?

---

Boruto muttered a string of profanities under his breath as he eyed the heavy traffic infront that was caused by some accident.

He was running late and he was itching to text or give Sarada a call but his stubbornness and ego kept him from reaching out to his phone on the empty seat beside him.

He's supposed to be irritated, and reluctant but why is it that he was feeling a growing anticipation in the pit of his stomach?