Chapter 31

"Are you sure you don't wanna stay for the night and sleep here with me?" Boruto asked while tentatively watching Sarada who's fixing the hoodie which Kawaki lent to her.

"I can't believe you're really asking me that," she chuckled, glancing at him amusedly as though what she just heard was absolutely ridiculous.

Which in truth was actually, really ridiculous!

"You're the student council president. Out of all the students here, you should be the one to know not to violate the academy's rules." Sarada reminded him, placing the wet towel and basin over a table on the far end of his room before walking up to Boruto who was now sitting on his bed.

"You better be thankful I'm not wearing my ID, or else whoever is in charge of monitoring our tracking device will find out that there are two people inside your room." She added.

She only heard this from her classmates and from their friends and apparently the tracking device engraved in their Konoha symbol pendant only shows the student's location and not who they are.

Thankfully so, because she doesn't know what to do if the tracker is actually capable of distinguishing who the student is. She will definitely get into trouble with him, especially during those times she was alone with Boruto in the forest. But seemed like it doesn't work that way considering Kakashi haven't called them in his office for a confrontation.

Thank the heavens because that would be really embarrassing!

So the moment she learned of the information about the tracking device on their ID, she would make sure to leave it inside her room before meeting Boruto inside the forest or just leaving her bracelet a few meters away from the forest. It was great that she was still able to retrieve her bracelet everytime too.

On the other hand, Boruto seemed to be in a trance. Staring at the way Sarada's lips move as she spoke and the way her brows furrowed with every expression she makes. Not even understanding what she was telling him as she moved towards the other end of the room and back to face him.

His gaze traveled from the blackette's face to the jacket she wore. Lips pursing in thought, Boruto walked towards his closet and grabbed a red hoodie.

"Take that off," he said as he lightly tugged on the end of the blue hoodie.

Sarada scrunched her nose in confusion, her dark eyes inspecting the warm and comfy material of the hoodie.

"Why? I like it... It's pretty comfy."

"I don't like it when you wear another guy's clothes." Boruto sulked.

She bit her lower lip to stop herself from smiling like crazy upon hearing the jealous undertone in Boruto's voice.

"It's just clothes," she chuckled but still ended up removing the garment nonetheless.

A small taunting smirk was plastered on her face after putting on the red hoodie Boruto asked her to wear in exchange.

"Yup, you look way better in red." Boruto praised, as he stared at her.

"Or... you're just pleased because I'm now wearing your hoodie instead of Kawaki's," She giggled but her laughter slowly died down when Boruto suddenly leaned forward, catching her off guard.

Her shoulders tensed as the blond closed the distance between them, dipping his face against the crook of her neck. Although she couldn't feel his skin directly because of the soft and thick fabric of the hoodie, she was able to feel his warmth due to how close he was.

"Good... Now, you smell just like me too," he murmured after taking a sniff.

There was a sheepish smirk on his lips as he slowly backed away to face her now impossibly red cheeks.