Chapter 30

"What the hell happened to you?" Kawaki asked in confusion upon seeing Boruto all drenched from head to toe.

He was about to head outside to return a book that was long overdue but the sight of his brother, gloomily approaching, was something he never expected to see.

Boruto's footsteps were heavy and quick, leaving a wet trail behind him. A dark aura seem to envelope Boruto causing the other male students to subconsciously move out of his way. Averting their gazes so as to avoid meeting his almost deadly glare. Not wanting to get caught up with his bad mood.

But instead of receiving any kind of reply from the blond, Kawaki ended up getting ignored as Boruto walked past him to reach the elevators.

"Ehh!"

Kawaki heard a familiar voice exclaim. Looking at the direction it came from, he found the boys who seemingly just went out of the elevator. The look of surprise were apparent in their faces.

"What happened to you, Boruto-kun?!" Denki questioned worriedly, his eyes wide as he gave the blond boy a once-over.

"Looks like someone forgot to bring an umbrella," Inojin commented, amusement laced in his tone which earned him a warning jab on the side from Shikadai.

The spiky haired boy narrowed his eyes at the now slightly pouting Yamanaka heir.

Sometimes he wonders if Inojin is too dense and can't read the mood or if he's just saying things for entertainment.

"I too... enjoy walking under the rain sometimes," Mitsuki suddenly chimed with a calm smile.

Shikadai sighed, almost wanting to slap his face in exasperation.

Right. He almost forgot there are two of them.

"Ha ha," Boruto faked a laugh, although it sounded more tired than anything. "Can you guys move aside so I can return to my room?"

"Uhh... s-sure," Metal said.

Their eyes, curiously trailing behind Boruto's drenched form.

"Are you gonna come eat dinner with us?" Shikadai asked his best friend. "After you showered and change of course..." He added warily when Boruto eyed him blankly.

"Yeah, I'll just see you there."

Shikadai released a relieved sigh after Boruto mumbled a reply.

Well, he doesn't seem angry. But he does look a little... down.

They all watched as Boruto hopped inside the now open elevator just until the door closes.

"What happened to him?" Iwabe voiced out everyone's thoughts.

But just like him, the rest of his friends also doesn't have a single clue as to why Boruto ended up so drenched from the rain with a heavy dark aura surrounding him.

Not receiving any response from his friends, Iwabe then turned his head towards Kawaki with a questioning look.

"The hell would I know?" Kawaki said with furrowed brows before turning his back from them which was only typical of him.

If Kawaki wasn't their friend, Iwabe would've picked up a fight with him right then and there.

"Tch, that brat." Iwabe whispered under his breath.

"What about you Shikadai? You're his best friend, do you know what happened or what Boruto-kun was up to earlier this day?" Denki inquired.

"No, he doesn't really tell me much about what's happening these days..." Shikadai replied, his thoughts already drifting away to that time he warned Boruto about to be careful about his relationship with Sarada now that he's supposed to be engaged to Sumire.