Chapter 10

Back at the academy, Sarada was silently sitting on her huge bed, eyes on her phone's screen while waiting for Sakura to pick up her call.

Thankfully, her Mom answered after the second ring. Lifting the phone against her ear, Sarada laid on the soft matress, briefly closing her eyes as she listened to her mother's soothing voice.

"Sarada? I'm glad you called! How's school, dear?"

The blackette heard the faint noise of running water in the background along with shuffling of what sounded like plates and utensils. She assumed that her mother was in the kitchen, washing dishes or such.

"School's great, Mama. I'm getting along fine with my classmates too..."

"And?"

"And... so far... it seems like none of the students here knows about my true identity."

Except for Inojin and Shikadai.

She was supposed to add that but decided not to since it doesn't really matter. She knows that her secret is safe with them and she trusts them.

There was a brief silence after that but it was quickly replaced by a sigh from Sakura.

Hearing this, Sarada's brows furrowed in worry thinking if there was something wrong or something that's bothering her Mom.

"What's wrong, Mama?"

At the Uchiha household, Sakura wiped her wet hands using a dry towel before taking the phone that was in between her shoulder and ear.

The talk she had with Sasuke at the office suddenly popped in her mind but she quickly dismissed it and decided to not involve Sarada with the information. The last thing she wants is for her daughter to lose focus in other things and start worrying about their safety.

Leaning against the marble countertop, Sakura's lips upturned as she shook her head even though she knew that Sarada can't see her.

"Nothing's wrong, though it's good to hear that you're safe and doing fine in the academy. Although, I hope you wouldn't be too strict on yourself, eat right and don't stay up late." The pinkette reminded which earned a hum of understanding from Sarada.

"I will, don't worry..." Sarada replied, she curled herself into a ball and hugged the nearest pillow beside her. "By the way, is Papa home? Can I speak with him?"

It took Sakura a few seconds before she could answer. "Your Dad's home, although he's gone to bed now but I could wake him up if you want."

Sasuke retreated to their room after dinner since he was complaining about feeling light-headed and dizzy which was no doubt because of the alcohol.

Pursing her lips, Sarada sighed inaudibly as she told her Mom that she'll talk to Sasuke another day and to let him rest.

Few more minutes have passed with them just catching up on things until Sakura told her that she should get some sleep and they'll continue talking tomorrow since it's getting a bit late.

After bidding her goodbye, Sarada did her night rituals and changed to much comfortable clothes before falling into a dreamless slumber.

The next day, Sarada quickly gathered her things before neatly putting them back inside her bag the moment the bell rang.

It was lunch time yet again, all throughout the day the only thing on her mind was to try and speak to Boruto about letting Kawaki join their table for lunch.

For the past days, Sarada has considered Kawaki as her friend and she actually learned from Chocho that the boy used to sit with them everytime they're in the cafeteria. The only things she was hoping was for the brothers' relationship to go back to normal.