Chapter 13

"Hey, Sarada..."

The said girl slowly looked up from her book only to be welcomed by an anxious looking Kawaki.

She stared at him, taking notice of a lone sweat that glided down his temple while he looked from left to right— an attempt to avoid her calculating gaze.

Sure they were friends now but this seemed like the first time Kawaki actually made the first move to approach her.

She wondered if something was up.

"Hey! What's up?" The blackette casually answered as she lowered her book.

It was the last subject before dinner and they were waiting for their next teacher to arrive. Their classmates were either talking with their seatmates or reading their own books and notes like a good student.

On the other hand, a certain blonde boy was distracted as his friends were animatedly talking in the background. They seem to not notice how his attention was directed at Sarada and Kawaki since they never called him out.

Of course, this wasn't the case for Mistuki as a small smirk formed on his lips seeing Boruto's jaw clenching and unclenching while staring at the duo.

"Say... do you want to eat dinner with me?" Kawaki asked, biting his tongue afterwards to suppress the rapid beating of his heart.

He was nervous, feeling his handa turn cold each passing second Sarada kept silent while looking at him in shock.

Casually burying both hands inside his pockets, he pursed his lips in anticipation. This is the first time he's actually asked someone to eat with him, and a girl at that!

And not just a girl. Because this is Sarada he's asking.

The first girl he had taken a liking.

Sarada can only gape at Kawaki's sudden request. She was caught off guard by him, actually asking her if they could eat dinner together again.

She would be wrong if she said that Kawaki asking her didn't make her happy because it did. She realized that this is him, actually lowering down his guard and letting her in.

Kawaki is actually slowly opening up again.

With that being said, Sarada cannot help but flash a warm smile causing the boy to feel his chest bloomed with a pleasant feeling that he immediately recognized.

His lips subconsciously lifted up.

He was happy.

"Sure thing! Should we go to the cafeteria together after this?"

"Actually, I was thinking of having dinner... outside of school." Kawaki mumbled, scratching the back of his neck as he shifted his weight from foot to foot. "What I mean is, would you like to eat dinner with me at the shopping district?"

Sarada slightly stiffened, her eyes widened at this but she immediately composed herself.

For a moment there, it almost sounded like he was asking her out on a date.

She mentally shook her head to rid of such thoughts because that's ridiculous. Of course he was asking her as a friend, and she doesn't know why but it made her feel a bit relieved.

Thank goodness Kawaki only sees her as a friend.

Because if there's an instance where Kawaki would like her more than that...

She was sure that she'd only just hurt his feelings and she doesn't want that.

She doesn't want their friendship to get ruin.