Welcome to the Jungle

Shout out to ScarletNova. She chose option 2 back at the start of Ninja Storm: the Hellhound's Secret and chose to make an appearance at some point Jungle Fury, and if I am honest, she has become one of my favourite characters to write about. I hope you enjoy her as much as I do.

"Now there's nobody to watch your back."

Racing forward, Kali jumped over the Red Ranger and swung her sword at the insect. They jumped back, narrowly avoiding being sliced and growled.

"Who are you?" the insect asked, and Kali was surprised to hear that it was a female voice.

"Huh. That's a new one," Kali murmured, raking her eyes over the females body. What she had assumed was a monster was in fact a woman in green armour.

"Who are you?" the Red Ranger asked, echoing the green-armoured woman's question.

Kali ignored him, too. She wasn't morphed but had merely intervened after arriving in Ocean Bluff during the attack. She figured she could've morphed, but why deny the enemy a chance to see that she was no pushover, regardless of her status, was to good an opportunity to pass over. Besides, Koragg had learned she was a threat in civilian form as opposed to morphed, too.

"Don't make me ask again," said the insect. "Who are you?"

"Who are you?" Kali asked, removing her helmet. Her brown hair falling down around her shoulders.

The insect gasped and took a step back. "No... you can't be here," she whispered, crossing one arm over her chest and tightening her fingers around the middle prong of her Sai.

Kali's brow furrowed. "I take it from your reaction that you've heard of me," she said. "Good. Tell your master it won't be long now, and he'll be back in his box, snug as a bug."

The insect snarled, turned, and took off. Leaping up onto a nearby rooftop and streaking away.

Kali turned back to the Red Ranger and held out her hand.

Taking her hand, the red ranger gasped as he stood and could finally get a good look at his helper. His eyes widened as he recognised her, immediately. "Holy crap, you're -" he gasped.

"Kali Briar," nodded Kali.

"Black Mystic."

Kali suppressed a groan and resisted the urge to roll her eyes. Why was she still surprised when people recognised her? The whole of Blue Bay Harbour had been surprised when she turned up, albeit out of the blue, and everyone she came in contact with were starstruck, like she was some big celebrity and didn't bother to hide the fact that they were fawning all over her.

She hated it.

"What are you doing here?" the Red Ranger asked.

"What does it look like?" Kali asked. "I'm here to help. Since you know who I am, I'm guessing you know what I can do?"

The Red Ranger nodded. "Yeah. We were taught about you at the academy," he said. "My new master has also mentioned you, but I never expected you to show up unannounced."

"I was actually invited here," said Kali. "But, that's enough about me. I have to go. I'm looking for someone in particular. I'll see you around, Red Ranger."

"Wait, who are you -?" the Red Ranger broke off as Kali disappeared. He sighed and, holding his arm tightly to his side, he turned and went in search of the others.

~X~

Arriving back at her bike, Kali perched herself on the seat and took out her Mystic Morpher. She snapped it open and held it to her hear. "Hey, I'm just checking in," she said. "You were right. There are Rangers here. I only seen the Red one, but I also met, who I am guessing is one of Dai Shi's generals - she looked like an insect. Could you ask Nikki if she has any information on Generals for me? I'd like to know more when I face her again. Call me when you get it. I'll check in again later."