Blue Ranger, Twin Danger

"Are we really calling them Spirit Rangers?" Casey asked, furrowing his brow at Kali.

Kali shrugged. "Why not?" she asked. "They're Power Rangers that use the Spirit animals of Bat, Elephant, and Shark. Last I checked, Masters Finn, Phant, and Swoop weren't Rangers."

"True. All right, fair enough, Spirit Rangers it is," said Casey. "What I'm still stumbling on, however, is how Dai Shi managed to get our own masters to turn against us."

"I don't think he has, exactly," said RJ. "I think they're being controlled. Manipulated, if you want."

"But how?" Casey asked.

"Could he have brain washed them?" Lily asked.

"He could be using magic," said Xander. "He is part of the Mystic Realm."

Kali shook her head. "If it were magic, I'd sense it," she said. "What about the Crystal Eyes?" she suggested, glancing at RJ and Rylie.

"That's a possibility," said Rylie, nodding. "The Crystal Eyes aren't just a storage place for Phantom Beast Generals. They can also be used as conduits between magical creatures and with Rinzin powers, the Generals would be more than powerful to control the master's through the conduits."

"But how is the Rinzin able to do that?" Theo asked.

"Well, it's like a mental connection," said Rylie. "The Rinzin controls the Animal spirit through the eyes, and projects it into a corporeal being in real time."

Dom cleared his throat. "You've lost me totally," he admitted. "Just tell me how to destroy them."

"Destroy them?" RJ asked, blinking. "I have no idea. Right now, I'm just hoping to slow them down."

"What?" Theo gasped.

Kali frowned and glanced his way. He was reading a note that Fran had just passed him, before silently excusing himself and walking over to the phone beside RJ's chair.

"So, tell me, how is that thing going to slow the Spirit Rangers down?" Casey asked, eyeing the device that RJ had created.

RJ lifted the device - a large metal blaster-like device with an aerial prod sticking out of the tip. "It can detect a signal," he explained, pointing the device at the monitors, "and then, if my maths is correct," he flipped a switch and the monitor fizzled out, "it will jam the radio waves."

"Great," Casey grinned.

"Yeah, not so great," said RJ, sighing. "Until we rescue the Masters, the Spirit Rangers are going to keep coming back."

"Then what do we do?" Lily asked.

RJ shrugged and wandered away.

Kali shared a look with Lily, and both turned to follow him, along with Casey and Dom, before stopping as Theo's phone conversation caught their attention.

"I'm sorry, Luan, but I'm wait to busy. Call me. Don't just show up. Bye." Theo put the phone down and turned around.

"Who is Luan?" Lily asked.

Theo sighed and held up the note. "My brother," he said. "He wants to visit."

"I didn't know you had a brother," said Lily, excitedly. She grasped Theo's arm, stopping him from walking away. "What's he like? Older? Younger? Is he cute?"

Kali sniggered at the flicker of jealousy in Theo's face. It was gone before anyone else could notice.

"Nothing like me," said Theo. He deflated and heaved a sigh. "We're day and night."