Bad to the Bone

Rangers, party of five, your table is ready," Fran said, walking into the kitchen with an empty pizza tray. Ever since she had found out the truth about her co-workers she was more than happy to announce it when they were alone.

"Fran, you don't have to announce it to the world," said Theo, running a roller over a slab of pizza dough.

"Relax, Theo, she's excited," said Lily, squeezing Fran in a side hug. "I'd be the same way."

"Yeah, but what if someone hears her?" Theo asked.

The kitchen door opened, and Kali walked in. "No one can hear anything over that noise," she said, rubbing her ears. "I've worked at the Rock Porium, a music store, no less, and it's not as noisy as here."

"Well, a restaurant would seem noisier," said Casey. "People eating, drinking, having fun? You know, it's a generally happy place."

"And a music store isn't?"

Casey smiled. "Do they play heavy metal loudly throughout the store?" he asked. "Because that would be annoying."

"Toby's a pretty chill dude," said Kali. "You're more likely to hear the Beetles or Stereophonics playing."

"Oh, I love the Stereophonics," said Fran.

Kali smiled at her. "You should visit the Rock Porium if you're ever in Briarwood," she said. "Tell them Kali recommended it, and you'll get 20% off on your purchases."

"Does that go for all of us?" Theo asked.

"Sure."

Opening the oven door, Casey stuck a pizza rod in and fished out the cooked pizza. "Move it or lose it, people, this is hot!" he called, swinging the rod around and dropping the pizza onto the table. He shoved himself backwards and knocked over a bucket of pizza sauce in the process.

"No problem, I can make more sauce," said Lily, chirpily.

Kali frowned at her. "You're too helpful," she said.

"Uh, Theo, you were supposed to put extra sausage," said RJ, checking the order, "not pepperoni."

"What? No, I double ch..." Theo trailed off as he took the order receipt. "Dang it!"

"Language!" Rylie scolded, passing Casey a towel.

"Come on, I'll help you make a new one," said Lily, nudging Theo.

Kali eyed her curiously. Was she aiming for a raise? Employee of the month? Or had she always been like this?

"Hey..." said Fran, snatching the towel from Casey and holding it up, revealing an orange cardigan. "I just bought this."

Casey pointed at Rylie. "She passed it to me," he defended.

"Sorry, Fran," Rylie apologised. "It was on the side and the first thing I grabbed. I didn't really pay attention to it."

"Although, I was curious as to why a towel would have buttons on it," said Casey.

Kali cocked her head to the side. "You were curious but didn't consider to ask?" she questioned.

"More pressing issues," said Casey, indicating to the sauce. It had spread further across the table and was starting to drip onto the floor.

Kali rolled her eyes and reached into her pocket, pulling out her Mystic morpher. She snapped it open, pointed the wand at the table and muttered, "Finishio!" the sauce disappeared.

Casey gaped at the table and then looked to Kali. "Why didn't you do that the first time?" he asked.

"Technically, I wasn't supposed to do it that time," said Kali. "Personal gain and all that. But, I don't think Rylie or RJ wants to be scraping dried pizza sauce off the floor."