Now the Final Fury, Part III

Flit frantically fluttered into the Forbidden Room, pulling up short before he could crash into the brunette that stood in his way. He landed on her shoulder, his wings sagging as he breathed heavily.

"Flit!" Camille exclaimed. "You're alive."

"Yes. But not for long," said Flit, shaking his head. "Dai Shi has returned and resumed his full Dragon form. The Rangers are getting pummelled."

Nikki stared, desperately at her sister. "They need you," she said. "It is never too late to start fresh, Cami, I managed it, and now I have a happy life with a man that loves me more than anything. LeeLee rejected our way of life, and went on to find happiness, too. Even two of the Ten Terrors are living life happily in the Mystic Realm. If we can do it, why not you?"

Camille hesitated and then turned to Jarrod. He avoided her gaze. She sighed and turned back to Nikki. "I am not a good person," she said, shaking her head. "What, in my 10,000 years, have I done that is remotely worth giving a second chance for?"

"You gave away your only daughter in order to protect her from Dai Shi," said Nikki. "That same daughter is at risk if Dai Shi wins against the Rangers. Are you really going to sit here and let that happen?"

"What does it matter, she doesn't even know I exist."

"If you want her to know, then I will make it happen."

Camille looked stunned. "You would do that?" she asked. "After all these years?"

"It isn't like I will leave her after she knows the truth," said Nikki, shaking her head. "I will still be every bit a mother to her that she desires."

Camille looked thoughtful and then nodded. "I will do it," she said, pushing herself away from the stone table. "I will help you and the Rangers.."

Nikki smiled and reached out her hands, taking Camille's firmly in her own and squeezing. "Jarrod?" she asked.

Jarrod ignored them.

Camille sighed and looked at her sister.

"Kali is right," said Nikki, shaking her head. "We cannot force him to do something he does not want to do. But come on, we can help them while there is still time."

Camille nodded and the two left the Forbidden Room.

Jarrod sighed as he heard their retreating footsteps disappear. Now he was alone.

~X~

The Rangers groaned as they hit the ground in quarry outside of town. The Masters from the spirit world, the veteran Rangers, and the Mystic Defenders (dead and alive) landed nearby.

Amongst them, Kali noticed was a newcomer, someone she hadn't seen before - a tall, dark-skinned woman with black hair. She wore a dark purple tunic with the emblem of a Chimera on it, and Kali guessed that this was the legendary Octavia.

"For too long the Mystic Defenders have stopped my plans for ultimate rule!" Dai Shi bellowed. "Today, I will get my revenge. Starting with the Hellhound."

Rolling onto her back, Kali threw up both her hands and the dragon head that soared towards crashed into the shield she conjured. It pulled back and swerved to the left, causing Kali to shift her hands around, creating a second shield.

"Kali!" Casey, Theo, and Lily called. They each jumped to their feet and raced towards their teammate, but found their path blocked by a second and third head.

"Do not interfere!" Dai Shi yelled at them. "The Hellhound must be destroyed if I am to succeed. The rest of you will fall once she does."

"She was not the one who locked you away, Dai Shi," said Jonathan, stepping up beside Kali. He gripped her under the arms and pulled her to her feet. "It was I. You want to destroy some, you destroy me!"