Race to the Nexus

"Out of all the godforsaken places in this catacomb of a realm, why does it have to always be the Cimmerian Forest! Why?" Kali whined, leading the Jungle Fury team through the Mystic Realm. Ahead, she could see the other Mystics waiting for them.

RJ chuckled as he patted Kali on the shoulder. "Hiding the Nexus in a place that is shrouded in folklore and mystery, keeps people out," he said.

"I know that," said Kali. "But this place is like the ice berg of mystery. It's downright creepy, not to mention dangerous and unruly."

"Are you still complaining?" Xander asked.

"Oh, like you weren't shitting yourself when you found out," said Kali.

Xander smirked. "She hasn't even made it past the warning signs yet, and she's already cursing me out," he laughed. "Yes. Today is going to be fun."

Lorna rolled her eyes. "Leave her alone, Xander," she said, hitting his shoulder. "She has every right to be troubled."

"As long as we don't get eaten again, we should be fine," said Maddie.

"Reminder to self, don't follow Xander," said Chip.

Vida and Nick laughed.

"Hey," Xander pouted.

Kali smirked. "So, who's are guide this time?" she asked. "Is it Phineas again? He's usually skulking around these parts."

"He's on a date with LeeLee," said Nikki, pushing away from a tree. "I hope you don't mind, but I volunteered."

"You know Camille is heading for the Nexus, right?" Kali asked.

Nikki nodded. "Family reunions were never our strong point," she said. "We'll just play it by ear."

"Family reunion?" Casey asked.

Kali turned to him. "Nikki is Camille's sister," she answered. She turned back to Nikki. "Family reunions are hard no matter which realm you're from."

"Yeah, take it from someone who tries to hide from hers," said Nick, settling his hands on Kali's hips.

"Shut up," Kali said, driving her shoulder into his chest. She looked around at both teams, and then up at the dreaded Cimmerian Forest. "Everyone ready?"

"Should we be asking you that?"

Kali glared at her friend. "You'd think you'd be more concerned. Given the majority of your wedding party is entering a forest that could easily steal their souls and hide their bodies," she said.

"You're such a dramatic," Vida said, rolling her eyes. "Come on. Let's go."

Nikki stepped out into the path, stopping anyone from entering the forest. "Just one thing before we press on," she said. "Are you 100% sure that this is what you want? There is a reason that no one gets into the Nexus. There are hidden dangers, protectors, if you will, so keeping your guard up is a priority."

"Because that's not ominous at all," said Lily. She glanced at her Tori, who had also decided to tag along.

Cam head decided to head back to the Wind Ninja Academy, and was on standby with the others should their assistance be required.

"Also, remember that your magic won't work in here," said Nikki. "Neither will Animal Spirits. If you want to morph, I would recommend you do it now."

The two teams considered one another.

"It wouldn't hurt," said RJ.

Kali nodded and reached for her sunglasses on her belt. She, along with the other cubs, slid them onto their faces, and tapped the sides.