19: A Lot Of Things Went Wrong

☆*:.。. o(≧▽≦)o .。.:*☆

Wearing the exact same outfits from last night, you, Diavolo, and Solomon are ready to boogie.

Zere City was way more populated than the area you were staying in. Though, driving through the area past curfew was surprisingly easy for such a crowded area. You've only driven past maybe three cars in total, and the only pedestrians you saw were demon workers to clean up the streets.

The skyscrapers gave you nostalgia. You didn't live in an area that had many skyscrapers, but there were definitely big buildings.

Also, you took a different car-well, truck. You only know what it was because Barbatos' voice is so nice to listen to. 2014, black Honda Ridgeline.

...

You don't know anything about cars.

At least it was a 4-seater, and had a V6 engine. It was automatic too, so you didn't have to focus on manually shifting gears.

"Turn left at this big mountain coming up," Diavolo instructs, "Barbatos mentioned the area we're headed is a hotspot for murders because demons often come here for... privacy while camping and partying in the forest.."

Solomon, who had to sit in the back-actually, it'll be funnier if the Author provides a flashback.

"We'll be back!" You called out to Barbatos and Lucifer as you opened the truck door, "You two behave, alright? Brush your teeth before going to bed!"

Barbatos chuckled softly, "Yes, ma'am."

Lucifer rolled his eyes, but a smile of amusement broke through his stoic features.

Solomon and Diavolo looked at each other with blank expressions.

They both wanted to sit in the front.

"C'mon, you two," You pulled yourself up to get inside, "Let's go."

"Shotgun!"

"Shotgun!"

The men blurted out at the same time. However, Diavolo started to walk towards the passenger door anyway.

"I outrank you," Diavolo opened the door and pulled himself up, "get in the back."

Solomon huffed under his breath. Fuck.

And that's why Solomon is sitting in the back in the middle seat.

Anyway, Solomon winces at Diavolo's information about murdering hotspots.

The human sorcerer shakes his head, "I can't believe we're trying to almost get murdered to catch a murderer, but not get murdered in the process."

"It be like that sometimes," You sigh, turning on your blinkers before turning.

The immediate difference between the city and this new area you all just arrived in was a bit freaky. The road continues close to the large mountain, it looks a bit narrow, and the road is barely protected by rails on the opposite side of the mountain.

"Keep going straight," Diavolo says.

"This road stinks of murdering hotspots," Solomon grumbles.

You laugh with a bit of anxiety, "Come on, where's your sense of adventure?"

"My sense of adventure has turned into a sense of Bad Decisions when Barbatos asked to take a vial of my blood when you left with Lucifer for a test ride," Solomon leans his back comfortably against the seat, "He said you had something to do with it, [Y/n]?"