39: Don't Be Scared, Don't Be Shy, Come On In, The Water's Fine

A/N: So, I know the vast majority of y'all voted Luciel to be a love interest, but you voted so quickly without knowing his true personality. This chapter kind of reveals more of the "inner demon" inside of Luciel.

If you guys decide you rather not have him as a love interest after this, then that's completely understandable! Just let me know right here!

Or, you'll end up liking him more. And in that case... 😥😥 Y'all good?? Please raise your standards 😭

☆*:.。. o(≧▽≦)o .。.:*☆

You were going to cry.

"Luciel... I can't..."

"Please..." He frowns, "I promise it's what I want."

"But..." You look down, "It's just... It's so..."

You pick at the price tag that hung off the dress you were currently trying on.

"IT'S SO DAMN EXPENSIVE!!"

The demon huffs a laugh, "Nonsense. Besides, you've gotten nothing but compliments from people who've come up to you since you've walked out in it. I'm sure you're wearing it beautifully. It'd be a crime not to buy it."

You pout childishly, "Next time you want to "drop by" at Majolish, I'm going to decline."

Luciel frowns, "Do you dislike it that much?"

Ah shit.

"No! No, it's not like that," You sigh while flattening your hands on your stomach, "I'm just not used to this, that's all. I-I don't really know how to accept this like a normal person."

Luciel steps forward and pats your head. "Just say, "thank you." You might not be used to it, but my love language is gift giving, platonic and romantic."

You smile bashfully, "Thank you, Luciel. Ah, I really do like this dress..."

"Then there's no need to change out of it, as you're just going to put it back on anyway."

"Is that even allowed?"

"At Majolish? Yes. It happens quite often."

"I'm sorry if this is invasive, but are you fucking rich??"

"Ehe."

"EHE?!"

--

A heavy sigh leaves his lips. He drops his head on the bar, not caring for the people who might be watching him.

"So, how'd it go?"

Israel looks up at the bartender with a pout, "Do you really have to ask, Leo?"

Leo smirks sadistically, "I told you not to approach her. And what did you do?"

"...I approached her-"

"-You approached her." Leo grabs a clean up and idly flips it in his left hand, "Virgin Bloody Mary for the disobedient loser?"

"Um... actually I'll try a Sunrise Mocktail."

Leo raises a brow, "You hate sweets..."

"I had a change of heart today."

Nonetheless, Leo gets what he needs to make the sweet concoction for his friend.

"Was it really that bad?"

Israel nods, "She's really nice, too. Nice [e/c] eyes. I'm almost certain she's behind it."