33: Only Break One Law At A Time

A/N: Have this drawing I made of Satan specifically related to this chapter!

IN CASE YOU'VE MISSED IT: I completely fucked up last chapter! I was wondering why NO ONE was talking about an important part of this story until I went back to actually reread it. Turns out I uploaded the wrong document :/ I usually write everything on Google Docs before copy and pasting it here, and I must've transferred the unedited version of chapter 32.

I would REALLY appreciate it if you PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE reread chapter 32 before continuing this one!

I'm so sorry for the inconvenience!

☆*:.。. o(≧▽≦)o .。.:*☆

One foot in front of the other, you walk in balance on the edge of the sidewalk. Satan and Luciel accompanied you on the walk back to HoL with Luciel close to you just in case you trip. Satan didn't know Luciel was planning to stay with you for a while.

Luciel might've been blind, but they both looked at each other with such disdain.

You get the sneaking suspicion that Satan might not be the fondest of Luciel, and vice versa.

Unfortunately, Little Akaza was busy with his duties as a Little D. You hope he'll come by eventually. You have things you want to ask him with Solomon as your translator.

"And it was crazy, right? Because I told Brenda to clean out the rice cooker, and she said she already did." You ramble on, "But wouldn't ya know, she lied to me! And I know it wasn't really my job since I wasn't the one who was closing. But I felt bad just leaving it like that."

"That's why you took longer to clock out?" Satan guesses.

"Mhm!"

"Didn't know you sold rice," Luciel quips.

"Me neither! Apparently it's part of a secret menu!"

"You have a secret menu??"

"Yep! When you can, Satan, you should come by and order from it. We have a lot of good things there." You almost tip over but Luciel tugs at your arm to stabilize you, "You too, Luci."

"You haven't paid [Y/n] a visit during her hours yet?" Luciel hums condescendingly, "That's a shame. She is always working so diligently, and her voice is such a delight when she greets customers."

You groan in embarrassment at his comment. You didn't care that Satan never visited; you understood that after school, he just wanted to rest. Did Luciel really have to say it like that? It's not like Satan is going to get flustered or jealous or anything. He tells you all the time he wishes he wasn't the one to take care of you.

"Wh-I... It's not like I don't want to...!" Satan stumbles with his words, "I have homework after school-"

"-And what's stopping you from doing it at the café?" The white haired demon gently takes a hold of the back of your shirt, "It's alright, [Y/n]. I'll always keep you company on your work days."

Oh, you chaotic motherfucker.

"Hey! It's not like that at all!" Ohhh no, Satan is getting angry, "Just watch, I'm gonna be at her job every fucking time!"

"No need to get hostile, Satan. I was merely teasing."

This bitch.

Satan is fuming, but strangely enough is doing a miraculous job at not losing his shit. He crosses his arms and pouts a bit childishly.

"I don't like you, Luciel."

"The feeling is mutual."

"Are you girls done arguing?" You stop walking to frown at them, not caring that Luciel doesn't let go of your shirt, "I was hoping we can all just get along. But if just walking together is too hard for you, then maybe we should ALL just split and walk alone."