Welcome to Hell

Cora POV:

The sun hits my face, warmth radiating over me. I can feel my skin tanning.

I sit straight up as a shock of cold water floods over me. I whip my head around and see a grinning Richard Grayson emerge from the depths of the pool.

"Richyyy, watch where you're splashing," I whine playfully. He just laughs back at me.

"Ignore him, Beloved. I do." Says Damian Wayne from beside me. I see his sketchbook is completely dry. To my surprise, so is he.

"I'll try that next time I almost drown!" I yell meaningfully at Richy.

"You're fine!" He shouts back. I wave him off with a small laugh. I peer over Dami's sketchbook to see what he's drawing. He raises an eyebrow at me but doesn't comment.

I see him adding more details to an already very realistic sketch of a sleek black dog. I recognize that dog as the one laying asleep by Dami's feet, Titus.

Damian was very adamant that I meet him once he got back from training with the girls. I also met Cass and Stephanie on the same day. Neither are around too often, I've learned.

Barbra comes by to say 'hi' to Richy when he comes by. Tim still lives at home but Richy and Jason tend to keep their space from the manor.

Apparently, they come by more often than they did, and mostly for me. I think Jason misses Alfred more though. I get that, Alfred is awesome. And he finally convinced me to call him Alfred instead of 'Mr. Pennyworth'.

Mr. Wayne hasn't been able to do the same. I just can't call him Bruce. Not to his face and not to myself. Mr. Wayne or Batman. That's it, that's all. I doubt he'd want a nickname. I still can't tell though.

"Hey, Cora! Come on in! The water is great!" Says Tim. I roll my eyes at him. I think besides Dami, I get along best with Timmy.

"I'm good. Getting splashed is the most contact I need with that water." I say back loudly. The pool is really big, so it's kinda hard to hear without yelling.

"Oh please, it's not like it's diseased. We're all fine." Richy says from the pool edge. I cross my arms while I cross my ankles.

"I never said it was. I'm just not getting in." I say. I think he took that as a challenge.

"Aww come on. Pretty please? With rainbows and glitter on top?" He asks in a sickly sweet voice. I scoff playfully.

"Not happening, Richy. I'm going to stay dry and content with a book in my hands." I say firmly. He rolls his eyes.

"If you say so. What about you D? You wanna go for a swim." He asks, turning to Damian. He answers without looking up.

"I'm almost done with my sketch. Maybe after." He says in a dry tone. It looks done to me but he tends to be very critical of his own art. I return to my book, becoming immersed in the world of fae and magic.

I barely register the shuffling beside me before I get a kiss on the side of my head. I look up at Damian.

"Are you alright if I go?" He asks.

"Of course, just try not to splash me please, babe," I affirm. He knows he doesn't need to ask. At least, I've told him he doesn't. But he asks anyway.

My gaze catches on him as he pulls off his shirt. I try to pay attention to my book, but I can't help glancing back at him. It's times like these that I can't help but be astonished that I'm dating him.

I've crossed literal dimensions for him(and other reasons, but still). I know I have a calming effect on him, apparently, I do that to a lot of people. So sometimes I have to wonder what he would be like if I didn't do that to him.