Finally

Cora pov:

My eyes pop open and into a glare as the incessant screech of my alarm wakes me up.

I roll myself out of bed and I can't help but be happy about it. I walk the entire length of my room to get to my closet. I grab my uniform.

As I tug off my shirt, I notice the deep purple mark that stops just above my hip. There's no more stitches along it, but it's still not fully healed. Timmy won't let me use the device yet.

I pull on my shirt quickly. I don't like looking at the marks. Any of them. Even though there's a few that I can reach along my shoulders.

I did not miss the skirt. I try my hand at my tie, I try to remember how Dami does it. Over, under, through, around? It looks backwards. Around, over, through? It didn't even knot.

I drop the two ends around my neck, frustrated. I need to learn to do this on my own at some point. I can't rely on Damian every morning. Regardless, I leave it alone for now.

I brush my teeth, then my hair. A high ponytail is enough for my first day back. I wash my face just as I hear a knock at my door.

"It's open!" I shout. I hear footsteps over the running sink that I shut off.

"Good morning, Beloved." Dami says, leaning on my door frame.

"Good morning, my love." I say with mock formality. I still see the red tips of his ears. I think if I ever said it with complete and utter sincerity to his face, he might burst into flames.

"Are you sure you want to go back?" He questions gently as he steps forward. He silently starts to tie my tie.

"I'm actually excited. I missed my friends, and getting to do stuff." I say childishly. He scoffs.

"You hate school work, but you miss school. Ironic." He says sarcastically. I roll my eyes.

"Oh come on. It's not all bad, you're gonna be there." I say happily. I grab his hand and he follows me as I pull him through the doorways.

I'm practically skipping down the hallway, then down the stairs. I'm practically vibrating until we get to the limo. Our bags are already there and I'm holding Damian's hand really tightly the entire time.

My smile starts to dull as we get closer, though. I'm a little nervous and I think Dami can tell. He looks at me with inquisitive eyes. Although, his eyes are usually inquisitive.

"Cora, are you sure you're up for this?" He asks cautiously. I consider it.

"Yes, I'm sure. I'm just starting to get nervous is all. Do you think, um, do you think people are gonna stare at me again?" I question. He scans my face.

"Honestly?" I nod. "They'll look, maybe talk to you, and then they'll return to their day. Everything should return to normal." He says truthfully. I frown.

"I hope they just skip to ignoring me. I feel fine, and I am fine. There's no reason to stare or anything." I complain, mostly to myself.

"You were gone for a few weeks. People tend to worry. Like Mikelson, you know she'll still be worried." He says. I sigh.

"I know. I missed her. She makes Gym fun." I state. I see him smirk. Well, he knows something I obviously don't.

"What's that face for?" I question suspiciously. He smirks wider.

"I don't know what you're talking about. This is just my face." He says, obviously lying.

"I don't buy it. Tell meeee. I can't be in on gossip I wasn't there for." I whine. He smiles devilishly.