Banter

Cora pov:

I sit comfortably on my bed as my door is opened gently. I glance beside me to make sure the canvas is covered by my bed sheets. Damian pokes his head in and then furrows his brows.

"Beloved, why aren't you resting?" He accuses lightly. I sigh dramatically.

"I'm sitting. That's resting, right?" I say in defense. He huffs but goes to sit beside me.

"Um!" I stop him. He almost sat on the canvas. "Can we go downstairs?" I ask quickly. He raises a brow.

"Why?" He questions skeptically. I think quickly.

"I've been alone in my room all day. I would like to watch a movie and hear about your day." I say easily. He smirks.

"Alright. My day was boring without out you, though." He says back. I can tell he's still suspicious. I give him my best smile.

"I would still like to hear about it." I say. He smiles at me and helps me up. I don't need to lean on him as much as yesterday. He has his arm around me, but the only reason I know that is because his hand is on my opposite arm.

"What movie do you want to watch?" He asks. I think that over.

"The Greatest Showman?" I offer. He groans dramatically.

"I will never forgive you for showing Grayson that film." He teases. I roll my eyes.

"It's a good movie." I defend. He chuckles.

"The movie itself is fine. Listening to him screech 'A Million Dreams' at 9 in the morning is not." He throws back. I laugh at that, a small strike of pain hitting as I do.

"I thought you were a morning person." I tease. He tuts.

"Tt, I'm not happy camper at any time of day." He says defiantly. I scoff.

"I can see you smiling ya know. You do that often enough." I say knowingly.

"Cora, you and I both know that I do not smile like other people smile." He says, I can hear something deeper in his tone.

"Hey, I love your smile." I say. I look up at him with sincerity. He looks down at me as we walk.

"My smile is more of a small two sided smirk." He says off handedly. I narrow my eyes at him.

"I don't care if it's barely there or splitting your face. I, love, your, smile." I state. He shakes his head lightly.

"Your smile is bright enough for the both of us." He says, but I can see the look in his eyes. It's a little mix of pride and disbelief.

"Babe, if you keep flirting with me I'm gonna blush." I say with a smile.

"I think it's a little late for that." He teases. My hand flies up to my cheek with a gasp. It is warm.

"Then you gotta stop. Sorry. I don't make the rules. No more flirting for you." I say defiantly. I start leaning away. His hand on my arm tightens and he pulls me closer to him. I let out a giggle.

"The day I stop flirting with you is the day the world ends." He says seriously. I bury my face into his shoulder. I don't need to touch my face to know how red I am.

"I know why they call you demon spawn now." I say cautiously.

"Because I flirt with you?" He asks incredulously.

"Because you're devilishly handsome and charming." I state. He tuts again. He's been doing that more lately

"Now who's flirting?" He says. I look at him and I see his cheeks redden. I smirk. I'll let him win on this one.