Annotated

Damian's POV:

Cora has completely relaxed against me. Her breathing has evened out.

I look around at my brothers. As unexpected as the change in mood was, I think all of us were expecting her to not be that okay.

I'm just going to hold her for awhile. I want to know how to help her. I never really learned to deal with this, especially in other people. Anger management is the closest I've gotten to therapy.

My gaze has switched back to the sleeping girl in my arms. Her eyes are red and puffy, her cheeks have tear tracks running down them. Grayson hands me a tissue, which I use to wipe away her cold tears.

All three stand. Drake flicks his head towards the door. I sigh and set Cora down. I make sure she's comfortable and still asleep before I get off the cot. I close the door softly as I leave the room.

"We finally got a hold of Cora's parents." Grayson states. I feel my chest tighten.

"What did they say?" Todd asks. Grayson shakes his head.

"They want her to come back. To their world, I mean." He says wearily. I feel myself panic. What if she doesn't come back?

"Bruce talked them into just coming to see her first, hear what she has to say." He tries. I take a very deep breath and let it out as slow as I can.

"When are they coming?" I ask, my voice is tight. Grayson checks his phone.

"In an hour. But, you saw how she is, maybe she should go back. They don't have supervillains in her dimension." He suggests sadly.

"No. She lives with us for a reason. The only way she's going back is if she actually wants to." Drake states firmly. I actually agree with him for once.

"She needs to heal. We'll have to be prepared for her to do that without us." Todd says bitterly.

"That's assuming her parents won't just take her back anyways. When it comes to them, she may not have a choice." I say, the reality settling in.

"If she wants to stay we'll let her stay. Whatever she does, it's up to her and only her." Grayson says fiercly. I don't think he's forgiven Mrs. Sanchez.

"Let's just, get prepared for company and hope that Cora will be okay by the time her parents get here." Drake says dejectedly.

We nod and disperse. I walk back into the infirmary to grab Cora's glass and set the thermos close enough that she can reach it comfortably.

I head to the kitchen again and refill her glass. We should really get a sink of something down there. It's not the most convenient to go through the whole house to get a glass of water.

Regardless, I make my way back into the infirmary. I place the glass beside the thermos. I shouldn't stay, I should go prepare for company and make sure Cora has everything she needs.

That doesn't mean I don't softly kiss her head before I go. I make my way up the elevator once more, thinking of the things I should do.

My room is clean, so is Cora's. I should put on something nicer. I make it to my room and start picking through my dresser. I look best in black and these pants are nice but casual. This isn't a business meeting.

After I'm dressed and I find my appearance adequate, I find myself wandering to Cora's room. Is there anything she might need?

I spot her phone on the nightstand. Alfred must have put it there after we found it. Todd said she had been on a call, she might have missed something important. As if on cue, the screen lights up. I see her galaxy lock screen and a notification.