Missing Piece

Damian's pov:

I stare at the questions in front of me. I know each of them from the top of my head and I'm just lazily filling them out.

I glance up to Cora's desk. It's empty. I shake my head, returning to my questions. No one has asked about Cora yet. The teachers were notified and the students most likely heard about it.

The bell finally rings. Mrs. Brown stops me and presents a stack of papers. I see that they are simply blank copies of the work we did today.

"Can you give these to Cora? She can fill them out and give them back to me when she gets back." Mrs. Brown asks. I take the papers with a nod, handing in my own work as I do.

Math is the same, another empty desk and more paperwork. I hate the empty feeling I have. It's been sitting on my chest like a rock.

I walk outside instead of to the cafeteria. If I'm alone then I'd prefer to be left that way. I climb a tree that sits at the fence of the property. I brought a book to entertain me as I eat.

I read the bubbly, handwritten pencil that sits beside the printed words. The words make me smirk. Occasionally I'll come across a section that she compares to me.

Does Dami have that many knives?

Dami would never.

Damian would say this.

I love reading them. They tell me more about what she actually thinks of me. Sometimes she's wrong, I would do something or I would never say something. Yet, my face still flushes just a little whenever it's just my name.

Damian

She hasn't told me what that means yet. I've noticed that she only writes it during romantic scenes. The ones that sound cheesy and exaggerated. I can't help but wonder what it means.

Before I can begin my deduction, the bell rings. Goody. I pack up my things and jump from the tree. I start walking towards the building and I make it inside quickly.

Just as I turn the corner to get to my science class, I'm stopped by Destiny. I have to fight the urge to just shove past her.

"Dami! Hi!" I feel myself tense.

"That's not my name." I state. She doesn't look at all put off by my statement.

"Anywho, where's Cora? Did it get too much for her?" She asks in a condescending tone. Self control. I have self control. Cora wouldn't want me to murder anyone.

"Cora is recovering from multiple kidnappings at the moment. The only reason she's not here is because none of us would let her come." I say lowly. Destiny pales a little.

"She was kidnapped? Multiple times?!" Destiny asks with what appears to be genuine concern.

"Yes. Regardless, she's doing well. If you'll excuse me." I say trying to get past. She grabs my arm quickly and I'm about to yell before she speaks.

"Tell her, that I hope she feels okay again soon. And that it does get better." She says quietly and with a tone I've never heard from her. I nod silently.

She releases my arm and I walk to my science class. I know what she's talking about. Destiny was kidnapped by the Riddler 2 years ago. It didn't take long for her to become her annoying self again, but apparently she still remembers the time when she wasn't.

I sit in my seat with a sigh. If even Destiny is worried for Cora then perhaps she may not be as fine as she believes. The events from yesterday run through my head. I don't think fine is a good word to describe that. Normal? Yes. Fine? Not at all.

Safe (BatBoys)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें