Therapy Session

Cora pov:

I watch the monitor in the cave intently. Batman is fighting with Harley and Ivy. Dam- Robin is currently held up with the Riddler.

Although Tim is hacking beside me, he looks very calm for someone uploading evidence of adultery and corruption. It actually helps me keep calm as I keep an eye on the two in the field.

"Hey, batsy! I got a question for ya!" Harley yells as she flips away from the sharp batarangs flying towards her.

"Ask me on the way back to Arkham," Batman grumbles. I think that may be his normal voice.

"Funsucker. Anywho! Do you actually know that Cora kid? She was talking some pretty big game!" Harley says with glee. I feel my face flush. I had almost forgotten about that.

I almost definitely shouldn't have told him that I knew the bats and the Wayne's. Not my smartest move but the look on his face may have been worth it. Although just thinking of it makes me shudder. Tim looks up at me with a raised brow.

"Who told you that?" Batman growls. I'm still not sure if that's just how his voice sounds.

"Word spreads fast in Arkham. Apparently, that kid has guts! She used you and your sidekicks as a threat!" Harley laughs maniacally. I place my face in my hands.

"You did what?!" Tim laughs, obviously amused. I groan loudly.

"Is it true?! Is it?! Is it?!" Harley says excitedly. She tries to sweep Batman's legs.

"I keep an eye on her from time to time," Batman admits. Well, that's one less lie I have to keep straight if I ever actually end up doing therapy with her.

"Would you break some bones for her? That's what she saiiiid!" Harley sing-songs. I run my hands through my hair. Why is she telling him this?

"I'd rather just throw you back in a cell." Batman diverts. Well, now I want to know.

I notice that Robin has been quiet for a small time. I look at his screen and it seems he's just handing over the Riddler to the Arkham guards. That was fast.

Thankfully, Batman knocks out Harley before she can say more. Poison Ivy has been wrecking the city streets while those two were chatting.

I notice dandelions coming from the sidewalk cracks. Is she doing that on purpose? They don't look threatening. Maybe I can ask her.

Robin swings onto the scene. I start to feel the usual amount of fear and worry, but I have to keep calm. This is his job, this is what he does. He's good at this.

I watch, mesmerized, as he swings and flips through the jungle of vines and rubble. He cuts through what he can and climbs around what he can't. As nervous as I am, I still like watching him fight.

It doesn't take long for the two villains to be given over to the tender mercies of Arkham. I wait for the rumble of the engine that resounds through the cave.

I look over the railing and give them a wave, which Robin returns. Batman is stoic as ever. I can't help but feel nervous that he's going to be mad that I said I knew their alter egos. I definitely wasn't thinking of the consequences at the time.

"Cora, I need to speak with you." Batman rumbles. His voice sounds like it does when he's talking to criminals. That's not good.

"Okay." I agree, trying to keep calm as best as I can. Damian gives me a pitying look as we walk away. I feel my heart slamming against my chest.

"I assume you heard Harley earlier?" He asks. I take a deep breath as I walk in step with him.

"I did," I say. My chest feels tight and I'm probably breathing heavily.