Normal Again

Cora POV:

"I promise, I'm fine. It just stung a lot." I say with raised hands. Damian still has his brow furrowed.

"You cursed, Beloved. It hurt more than a sting." He says.

"Okay, you've probably had wounds cleaned before. It warrants a swear word or two." I say defensively. He sighs.

"She has a point D. She's fine now, right?" Richy says, turning to me. I smile at the both of them.

"Yes, I'm completely fine." I assure. Damian tuts.

"Alright. You're still in that gown though, so you can't be completely fine." He says. I raise an eyebrow.

"I didn't have time to change before Alfred invited you all in." I say lightly.

"Demon spawwwwn, she's fine. You're like a mother hen." Jason calls from his spot on the wall beside Tim.

"I am adequately worried." Damian growls back.

"It's sweet. Unnecessary, but sweet." I defend. I see Dami's ears tinge red.

"You do have a point though. I hate this gown." I say in distaste. Tim laughs.

"Alright, we can take a hint. Let's give the girl some privacy." Richy says. They all start to leave but I catch Dami's sleeve before I can stop myself.

"Can you just, stay by the door? I might," I hesitate. "Need help." I finish, looking down at the floor.

"I promise not to peek." He says simply. I feel my face flush.

Why did I do that?! I will be fine! Ahh that was so embarrassing! I know I'm covered and I definitely trust him, but why did I even ask him to stay?!

I hear the door close and I glance up to see Damian facing away from the door. I let out a small breath of relief, just put on the clothes and everything will be fine.

I grab the shorts and with a little bit of flexibility and a couple strikes of pain, they're on. Easy enough. Now the shirt. I'm glad he picked the yellow one. He really does know my favourites.

Getting the gown off is easy. A tug on the neckline and my arms are free. I glare slightly at my shirt. This is gonna hurt, isn't it?

I slide it onto my arms as far as I can. I can get the front part to cover my front easily, just tug it down. I try to lift my arms so I can slide the back over my head. I wince.

The way my shoulder blades squish the skin of my back makes this extremely difficult. Even lifting one arm makes me almost yelp. I try one last time, maybe if I do it quickly I can get it over with.

Wrong. A loud cry rips from me before I can stop it. I freeze when I hear the door open.

"Cora, are you okay?" I hear. Dami is standing there, facing me. I almost giggle. He's squeezing his eyes shut so hard his entire face is clenched.

"Yeah, I'm okay." I tug the front of my shirt to cover my chest. "You can look. I, um, may need help." I say looking down at the shirt covering my chest, just to make sure. The bandages cover me completely regardless.

He gently cracks one eye open. I let out a small, probably pathetic laugh. He blinks his eyes open. I'm actually glad for the bandages wrapped around my entire torso.

I can see just how red his face is, and how rigid he's standing. I can't tell which one of us is more awkward at the moment. But I need the help and he's the only one I'm comfortable enough with to help me.

Silently he walks briskly over to me and hesitates. I nod a little and he takes a breath before opening the neck hole enough for me to fit my head through.